Author Topic: New Superman selected  (Read 66193 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
Re: New Superman selected
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 02:32:38 pm »

Uhm--not everyone
can carry this outfit!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would probably look  worse then that but hay, at least I have some decency!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 04:13:40 pm »
He looks a bit like Nicolas Cage, and yes, I agree a hunnerd percent with your assessment!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »

He looks a bit like Nicolas Cage, and yes, I agree a hunnerd percent with your assessment!

Jon Peters (the producer) felt Cage could "convince audiences he [Superman] came from outer space."

Just imagine: this actually MIGHT have happened! Talk about Crisis Averted!!   :laugh: :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfcJc7j_A3Y[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN_jlMADDSg[/youtube]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_in_film

Superman in film
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(....)

Superman Lives

(....)

[Kevin] Smith (screenwriter) originally suggested Tim Burton to direct his script, and Burton signed on with a pay or play contract of $5 million. Warner Bros. fast tracked production and set the theatrical release date in the summer of 1998, the 60th anniversary of the character's debut in Action Comics. Nicolas Cage, a comic book fan, signed on as Superman with a $20 million pay or play contract, believing he could "re-conceive the character." [Jon] Peters (producer) felt Cage could "convince audiences he [Superman] came from outer space." Burton explained Cage's casting would be "the first time you would believe that nobody could recognize Clark Kent as Superman, he [Cage] could physically change his persona." Kevin Spacey was approached for the role of Lex Luthor, while Tim Allen claimed he was in talks for Brainiac, a role heavily considered for Jim Carrey. Courteney Cox was reported as a casting possibility for Lois Lane, while Smith confirmed Chris Rock was set for Jimmy Olsen. Michael Keaton confirmed his involvement, but when asked if he would be reprising his role as Batman from Burton's Batman films, he would only reply, "Not exactly." Industrial Light & Magic was set for work on special effects.

(and etc.)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 05:16:08 pm »

???  Tell you what, I thought that was Nicholas Cage's head photoshopped onto the body of someone else in a Superman costume.

Whoever he is, if you ask me, I think the body doesn't look that bad, actually, if a little on the svelte side for Superman.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 05:21:54 pm »

???  Tell you what, I thought that was Nicholas Cage's head photoshopped onto the body of someone else in a Superman costume.

Whoever he is, if you ask me, I think the body doesn't look that bad, actually, if a little on the svelte side for Superman.

Jeff, I think you missed the post immediately above. It WAS Nic Cage, and it really REALLY almost happened!

"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 09:51:07 pm »
Happy birthday, Jor-el! I don't care how much he was paid, how little he worked, and how he didn't learn his lines. He was the best Jor-el ever! And wasn't the mother played by Susanna York? She was also excellent!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2011, 07:46:20 pm »
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/03/diane_lane_is_supermans_mom.html

Diane Lane Is
Superman’s (Foster) Mom

By: Julie Gerstein
3/2/11 at 11:04 PM

Superman has a new mama, and she's Diane Lane. Lane has signed on to the new Zack Snyder–helmed Superman  reboot, and will star opposite Henry Cavill's Clark Kent. This casting is supposedly super-important because, says Snyder, "Martha Kent is the woman whose values helped shape the man we know as Superman. We are thrilled to have Diane in the role because she can convey the wisdom and the wonder of a woman whose son has powers beyond her imagination.”

And also, Superman's mom is going to be really hot.

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 07:53:03 pm »
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/04/michael_shan.html

Michael Shannon to Play
Superman’ s Villain

By: Mike Vilensky
4/10/11 at 6:30 PM

Michael Shannon has landed the part of General Zod, a villain who faces off against Superman, in Zack Snyder’s upcoming Superman: Man of Steel  reboot. Like Superman, played by Henry Cavill, Zod hails from Krypton, where he commanded its armed forces. The character appeared in 1978’s Superman  and the 1980 sequel Superman II.  

"Zod is one of Superman's most significant enemies because he has insights into Superman that others don't," Snyder explained. "Michael can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character." So far, Snyder's lining up a cast of pleasant surprises.

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 10:27:28 am »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/04/immortals_trailer.html

Immortals  Trailer:
Shirtless Superman
Henry Cavill
vs.
Mickey Rourke

By: Kyle Buchanan
4/27/11 at 09:30 AM

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HrR4B-z5vk&feature[/youtube]

When 300  was released four years ago, its buff bodies were something of a novelty: Muscular action heroes had fallen out of favor, and leading men were gawky Shia LaBeouf types or cut more like the lean Johnny Depp. Suffice it to say, the pendulum has since swung back toward bodybuilding. The summer-movie season is crammed with superheroes like Thor  and Captain America  who doff their costumes at the drop of a hat (all the better for a beefcake shot that can make its way into the trailer), revealing the sort of impossibly sculpted body that Stallone and Schwarzenegger used to have and even LaBeouf aspires to now.

Consider Immortals  the latest confirmation of this trend: It stars an infrequently clothed Henry Cavill — your newest Superman — matching wits and biceps with gods and monsters, including Mickey Rourke, Kellan Lutz, and Luke Evans, who've taken some time from their four-hour gym routines to vanquish a mere mortal. What should we call this new trend toward bulk?

Let's take a cue from Immortals  co-star Stephen Dorff: "It all felt like they were giving some of these actors fake breast implants. It was a lot of 'tit acting.'"

"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 10:57:03 am »
Ooh, that looks like a good popcorn flick!  8)

What should we call this new trend toward bulk?

A good thing.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...