Author Topic: New Superman selected  (Read 65811 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: New Superman selected
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 11:49:56 am »
What should we call this new trend toward bulk?

How 'bout "Hot!"  ;D

Let's take a cue from Immortals  co-star Stephen Dorff: "It all felt like they were giving some of these actors fake breast implants. It was a lot of 'tit acting.'"

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2011, 04:56:53 am »

Let's take a cue from Immortals  co-star Stephen Dorff: "It all felt like they were giving some of these actors fake breast implants. It was a lot of 'tit acting.'"

:laugh:

Kellan Lutz, 26, as seen in "Immortals"

Chris Evans, 30, as seen in the upcoming flick "Captain America."
::) ::)

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2011, 12:53:33 pm »

Chris Evans, 30, as seen in the upcoming flick "Captain America."
[/center]

Nice tits. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »

'Superman' Star Henry Cavill
Is Engaged

By: Tracey Harrington McCoy
Posted May 4th 2011 06:50PM

2011 is turning into quite a year for Henry Cavill! First, the 27-year-old British actor landed the highly coveted role of Man of Steel in director Zack Snyder's new reboot of the superhero franchise. And now he's engaged!

The actor is engaged to Ellen Whitaker, a 2012 Olympic hopeful for the British showjumping team, his rep confirmed to PEOPLE. Cavill proposed while on a recent trip to Hollywood.

"I couldn't believe it when he asked me to marry him," the Whitaker said, according to the Belfast Telegraph.  "I thought we were there to celebrate his birthday. It was such a surprise and I am so happy."

Before proposing, the Englishman asked Whitaker's father for his daughter's hand in marriage--and he appears to have said yes!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 07:33:58 pm »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 08:49:57 am »

'Superman' Director Richard Donner on
Choosing Christopher Reeve

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TTgZ0xhBNTI[/youtube]

Can you talk about laying down the paradigm for the genre? “Superman” is the first big-budget superhero movie.

I didn’t know what I was making. Simply, it was a comic book, don’t forget it’s a comic book. But it’s got to have its own sense of honesty. It’s got to have its own sense of reality. You can laugh with it, you can’t laugh at it. And the characters had to have some true emotions. I tried very hard to have the love story because if there’s a love story you’d be committed to the two of them and therefore you’d care about him and you wouldn’t want to see any harm come to him, which made Lex Luthor heavier. But then we gave Lex Luthor [his comic sidekick] Otis, which lightened that up. But it was a thin line we walked. We didn’t know what the walk was, but we walked the walk. And it happened to turn out, much to our surprise, to be well accepted.

Can you talk about casting the movie? I understand they were considering Paul Newman or Robert Redford, which sounds hilarious.

It is.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/superman-director-richard-donner-grilled-smashing-phones-choosing-reeve-28037?page=0,0

"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:08 am »

Leather pants, boots, and a long sword. ... What more can you ask for?  ;D

This picture reminds me of the capsule review of Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing in The New Yorker: "Sometimes all you ask of Shakespeare is Denzel Washington in leather pants."  ;D

(And I think I know where you can buy the shirt, the pants, the boots, and the sword. The Tudors was a glorified commercial for Museum Replicas, Ltd.   ::) )

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 07:44:33 pm »

Omg, omg, omg!!!
:D :D :D

http://www.showblitz.com/2011/06/russell-crowe-flies-to-man-of-steel.html

June 15, 2011
Russell Crowe
is
the 'Dad of Steel'

Whether paying homage to Marlon Brando’s cameo in “Superman” or just wanting a splashy marquee name, Christopher Nolan had all along been seeking an A-list thesp for Jor-El, Superman’s biological father, since agreeing to oversee the franchise reboot “Man of Steel” for Warner Bros. He’s got his man, and it’s Russell Crowe, Variety 's Justin Kroll exclusively reports. The mercurial Aussie is in negotiations to take the role in “Man of Steel,” which Zack Snyder is directing. Brit thesp Henry Cavill set to play Superman, while Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon have already joined. With production set to start next month, Jor-El was one of the last roles to cast -- though they're still looking for a big name to play Superman’s biological mother.

"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »
I love Amy Adams!  :D

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 06:18:19 pm »

Let's take a cue from Immortals  co-star Stephen Dorff: "It all felt like they were giving some of these actors fake breast implants. It was a lot of 'tit acting.'"

Part Deux!

Then...Uhm, WTF??!!

::) :laugh:

"Camping Out"