Author Topic: New Superman selected  (Read 65796 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: New Superman selected
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 11:51:34 pm »

Part Deux!

Then...Uhm, WTF??!!

::) :laugh:

HAHA!  That last one looks like the losing outfit on "Project Runway!"

Wow, that's one hunky guy.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2011, 08:03:30 am »
HAHA!  That last one looks like the losing outfit on "Project Runway!"

:laugh:
I can imagine Tim trying to hold it together and going: Make it work, make it work!

I wish they for once would cast a good actor as superman, but I´m not holding my breath. One thing about this movie that makes me excited, though, is that Christopher Meloni is gonna be in it! (yep, still going though my OZ phase :D)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2011, 09:43:47 am »
Monika, see Jane Eyre and then decide...I did and I think Henry is the "thesp" that they say he is!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2011, 09:50:58 am »

I wish they for once would cast a good actor as superman, but I´m not holding my breath. One thing about this movie that makes me excited, though, is that Christopher Meloni is gonna be in it! (yep, still going though my OZ phase :D)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/25/christopher-meloni-in-superman-man-of-steel_n_884471.html

Christopher Meloni In Superman 'Man Of Steel':
'Law & Order: SVU' Star Joining Film

First Posted: 6/25/11 08:51 AM ET Updated: 7/19/11 10:49 AM ET

Considered to be a sort of police superhero by devoted fans of his long run on "Law & Order: SVU," Christopher Meloni is about to join up with the ultimate crime fighter.

Meloni, the former "SVU" star who announced that he was leaving this spring after 12 seasons when contract negotiations went south, is on the verge of signing on to Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, "Man of Steel," Deadline reports. According to The Hollywood Reporter,  Meloni will shoot scenes with Henry Cavill, Superman himself.

Along with Julia Ormond, who signed on earlier this week to play Superman's Kryptonian birth mother Lara Lor-Van, Meloni joins an all-star cast that, aside from Cavill, includes Russell Crowe as Kryptonian dad Jor-El, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Pa and Ma Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, and Michael Shannon as baddie General Zod.

It may make sense, given his last decade-plus as a detective on "SVU," to cast Meloni as some sort of law enforcement agent, but he's done more than just find rapists on television in his career. He's had a number of movie roles, including in "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men" and "Nights in Rodanthe," and he can most certainly do comedy: Meloni recently starred and directed the National Lampoon  film, "Dirty Movie," and, perhaps more memorably, had a brilliant turn as a sweater-fondling (NOT cheddar-fonduing) camp cook in "Wet Hot American Summer."

And wouldn't be hilarious to see him play Jimmy Olson?

UPDATE: Vulture  reports that Meloni will be playing a general (not Zod, of course) in the film; whether that makes him a good or bad guy remains to be seen. It may be difficult given their similar ages, but he COULD be playing General Sam Lane, father of Amy Adams' Lois. Then again, Lane is an ally of Lex Luthor, the chief rival to Superman who WON'T be in this new movie (at least as the main villain), so that may be completely off, as well.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/25/christopher-meloni-in-superman-man-of-steel_n_884471.html

Christopher Meloni In Superman 'Man Of Steel':
'Law & Order: SVU' Star Joining Film

First Posted: 6/25/11 08:51 AM ET Updated: 7/19/11 10:49 AM ET

Considered to be a sort of police superhero by devoted fans of his long run on "Law & Order: SVU," Christopher Meloni is about to join up with the ultimate crime fighter.

Meloni, the former "SVU" star who announced that he was leaving this spring after 12 seasons when contract negotiations went south, is on the verge of signing on to Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, "Man of Steel," Deadline reports. According to The Hollywood Reporter,  Meloni will shoot scenes with Henry Cavill, Superman himself.

Along with Julia Ormond, who signed on earlier this week to play Superman's Kryptonian birth mother Lara Lor-Van, Meloni joins an all-star cast that, aside from Cavill, includes Russell Crowe as Kryptonian dad Jor-El, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Pa and Ma Kent, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, and Michael Shannon as baddie General Zod.

It may make sense, given his last decade-plus as a detective on "SVU," to cast Meloni as some sort of law enforcement agent, but he's done more than just find rapists on television in his career. He's had a number of movie roles, including in "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men" and "Nights in Rodanthe," and he can most certainly do comedy: Meloni recently starred and directed the National Lampoon  film, "Dirty Movie," and, perhaps more memorably, had a brilliant turn as a sweater-fondling (NOT cheddar-fonduing) camp cook in "Wet Hot American Summer."

And wouldn't be hilarious to see him play Jimmy Olson?

UPDATE: Vulture  reports that Meloni will be playing a general (not Zod, of course) in the film; whether that makes him a good or bad guy remains to be seen. It may be difficult given their similar ages, but he COULD be playing General Sam Lane, father of Amy Adams' Lois. Then again, Lane is an ally of Lex Luthor, the chief rival to Superman who WON'T be in this new movie (at least as the main villain), so that may be completely off, as well.

Thanks John!

But how could they not mention his role on OZ?? I´m gonna have to go Vern Schillinger on their ass now  :D ::)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2011, 05:18:12 pm »
Monika, see Jane Eyre and then decide...I did and I think Henry is the "thesp" that they say he is!
I´m planning on it! I think I have seen every movie and TV adaption of Jane Eyre that´s ever been made. Love that story.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2011, 12:22:31 pm »

Uhm--not everyone
can carry this outfit!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I saw an unshirted Nic Cage in Ghost Rider last night and, yes, he was quite buff, surprise surprise!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2011, 12:27:39 pm »
I'm planning on it! I think I have seen every movie and TV adaption of Jane Eyre that's ever been made. Love that story.
I've seen Jane Eyre now, and actually forgot to take much notice of the guy  :D
I guess he did alright, but I prefer Michael Fassbender.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2011, 01:51:12 pm »
I've seen Jane Eyre now, and actually forgot to take much notice of the guy  :D
I guess he did alright, but I prefer Michael Fassbender.

Haha, the joke's on both of us! Henry Cavill was NOT Rochester in Jane Eyre. He was in the Tudors recently. Rochester was played by . . . Michael Fassbender!!!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »
Haha, the joke's on both of us! Henry Cavill was NOT Rochester in Jane Eyre. He was in the Tudors recently. Rochester was played by . . . Michael Fassbender!!!
Oh.........I thought Henry Cavill was the guy who plays Mason in Jane Eyre because that´s the guy who I thought looked most like him. :laugh:
Yes, Michael Fassbender plays Mr Rochester, and does it well. I prefer the mini series with Toby Stephens, but Fassbender did a good job too.

And Henry Cavill...then I still haven´t seen him in anything, I guess :) ;)