Author Topic: New Brokeback book  (Read 11311 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: New Brokeback book
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 10:56:59 am »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 12:30:02 pm »
Not to mention that we were right across the street  from his gallery when we visited the Rockmount store last May!  How'd we miss that?!

William Matthews' gallery is hard to miss because he painted a mural of a cowboy on the side of the building, maybe 50 ft tall. It's one of the main things you see as you drive into LoDo. I enjoy giving Brokies a tour of that area, doing Rockmount, William Mattews gallery and, since the Del Mar Crabhouse is gone, historic restaurants like the Buckhorn Exchange or the Oxford Hotel.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 12:34:09 pm »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 01:18:19 pm »
I wonder what "AP" thinks of this book?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 12:24:04 pm »
Such books have been produced about other movies Ang Lee has done...why not Brokeback Mountain??  ???

Today I finished reading The Sense and Sensibility Screenplay and Diaries, by Emma Thompson. This is another in the series of film books published by Newmarket Press, and contains 50 illustrations including 36 color plates and the full screenplay as well as a long introduction by the producer. I was somewhat disappointed with the diaries although they gave a good peek into the daily life of a film shoot. Interesting, the early parts where the script was discussed and the beginning ceremony by Ang to bless the film. He also did quite bit of work with the cast to help them develop their characters and gave written homework.

After the script is finally written and agreed on, it's broken down into scenes which are completely rearranged to be economical and bundle an expensive actor's scenes all together into one session. It seems so scary and if I were working on such a project, I would wonder how it would ever come together again. No wonder that people work on a movie and then don't know if it's any good until after the whole thing is over!
"chewing gum and duct tape"