Author Topic: Piercings...?  (Read 35223 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Piercings...?
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 06:57:58 pm »
piercings destroy the nerve endings at the acupuncture meridians and inhibit the body's natural healing capacity at very vulnerable spots, i.e. the earlobes.

Vicki used to say I could stop her hiccups by rubbing her earlobe vigorously.  Empirically, I saw no evidence it was true.  Interesting, though.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 08:49:39 pm »
My coming of age peircing experience was both traumatizing and stupid. I got my ears peirced for the first time. First I did not have my parent's permission. Though you would figure I should have since i was only 10 years old! Second, I was in Columbia, South America with our nieghbors whose daughter was my very best friend. I was drunk.  Her mom was Columbian and they went to Columbia every summer one year inviting me.  My dad said yes and paid for it all.  

Well we were up in the mountains at one of her mom's friends house.  They got me drunk on a very familiar Columbian Alcoholic drink called something I can pronounce perfectly, but I have never had to spell it tho.  I even saw the sisters talking about it on FB.

They got the first one done using a needle, I was wasted and dont forget I was 10 years old.  Mind you this was not the first time I got drunk with these friends.  Once at a party I dipped into the whiskey sour punch enough times the everything was spinning.  I was about 8yrs old.  Back to the story.  Well  apparently I squeezed my friends hand so hard as they pushed the needle through that they asked me if I would wait a few days till they had ether to knock me out and I wouldnt feel the piecering.

CRAZY SH5T.  

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 08:50:46 pm »
Have my earlobes pierced - twice in one earlobe and once in the other.

Nowhere else.  A college friend and I one-time considered belly button piercing, but after doing a quick call of local doctor's offices, I could find no doctor who recommended it.  Most said it would be longer healing than I could imagine and it would be difficult to keep clean while it healed.

Which of course then makes me gross out at all the piercings in people's private parts.  Even a nose piercing, while traditional in many cultures makes me wonder...does it leak when they blow their noses?  And of course, the ability to keep it clean completely depends on the person's diligence, so who knows how many people have stopped worrying about how clean they keep their clitoral piercing or Prince Albert?

:-X :-X :-X

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 08:52:00 pm »
(((Dev)))  I'm so sorry.  What an awful experience and it really speaks eloquently about the things you've shared elsewhere here and your early life.  I love you, Friend.  You're a strong and brave woman.  Don't ever forget that.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 09:01:05 pm »
Have my earlobes pierced - twice in one earlobe and once in the other.

Nowhere else.  A college friend and I one-time considered belly button piercing, but after doing a quick call of local doctor's offices, I could find no doctor who recommended it.  Most said it would be longer healing than I could imagine and it would be difficult to keep clean while it healed.

Which of course then makes me gross out at all the piercings in people's private parts.  Even a nose piercing, while traditional in many cultures makes me wonder...does it leak when they blow their noses?  And of course, the ability to keep it clean completely depends on the person's diligence, so who knows how many people have stopped worrying about how clean they keep their clitoral piercing or Prince Albert?

:-X :-X :-X

Yes, I think cleanliness is certainly key...even in the earlobes.  If you leave earrings in too long, gunk, for lack of a better word, will accumulate.  It's probably dead skin cells mixed with natural body oils.

Enough of that.

I didn't have any problems whatsoever with my navel piercing.  I did get 'high' about ten minutes after leaving the piercing salon with my instructions - so much so that I had to find a seat fast.  I guess it was a surge of endorphins (or adrenaline, or something) caused by the shock of the invasion.  It suddenly made sense to me about how some people can become 'addicted' to body piercing.  I've never felt anything like it before or since.

The waistbands of most of my clothing chafed the area while I was healing, so I wore shirts outside with the pants zipped but unbuttoned with the flaps tucked in for about six months.

By some weird twist of immune system logic, after I had my ankle surgery with surgical stainless steel pins, plate, and screws inserted, I haven't been able to wear surgical stainless steel in the navel.  Only platinum...everything else I've tried causes a reaction.  No change observed post-surgery with in the earlobes...

I'm glad I had surgery to remove the ankle hardware, but I envision that there is still stainless steel residue there causing problems...my left ankle retains fluid and is perpetually swollen compared to the healthy one.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 09:58:10 pm »
Yes, I think cleanliness is certainly key...even in the earlobes.  If you leave earrings in too long, gunk, for lack of a better word, will accumulate.  It's probably dead skin cells mixed with natural body oils.

Yep, that's why I take mine out every night.  I never sleep with them in.  They collect gunk.

I didn't have any problems whatsoever with my navel piercing.

People are different.  Every woman I knew in college had tremendous difficulties with theirs.  The culmination was pus spurting when some guy asked if he could see this girl's piercing..  :-X

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 10:13:43 pm »
I think the 3 most common piercing types I've seen friends and girlfriends have are ears, tongues and belly buttons.  And, like I said before, my friend Michael also has his belly button pierced.  What people have told me who have belly button piercings is that sometimes you have to be careful with how the waist band of your pants/ skirt might rub against it and cause irritation.  But, I don't think most of the people I've known with them had much trouble with them.

The one woman I knew who had a genital piercing didn't have trouble with it (infection-wise), but she said the constant over-stimulation got to be annoying so she took it out.  I remember asking her a lot of questions about it... because, I mean wow.  It was a woman I dated briefly in Philly. 

The most upsetting stories of infections that I've heard about via friends is the piercing through cartilage on various areas of the ear.  Those stories are what kept me from having that done myself, because aesthetically I think it looks really cool.  Now I'm too old for that probably, and I'm still afraid of it.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 10:14:45 pm »
People are different.  Every woman I knew in college had tremendous difficulties with theirs.  The culmination was pus spurting when some guy asked if he could see this girl's piercing..  :-X

Ewwww!

I clean my earlobe out, use rubbing alcohol on it, and occasionally put Neosporin on it when I wear an earing, to keep infections at bay.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 05:13:46 am »
Ive been very lucky - absolutely no problems with any of my piercings or my tattoo. And I'm not very good at the whole purposeful cleaning of my ears belly button area thing.

My old flat-mate had some unusual piercings - she get her elbow pierced and the skin between her thumb and finger pierced. Both of them grew out after time.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 11:34:54 am »

Wow, those do sound unusual... and both sound like they must have been pretty painful!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie