Author Topic: The Royal Wedding of William and Kate - And What Came After  (Read 316439 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The Royal Wedding of William and Kate - Will You Be Watching?
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »
When is the wedding, and what time will it happen here?

Meryl, if I remember correctly, MSNBC said they will start broadcasting the wedding at 6 am (Eastern). I'm sure we will start hearing the broadcast times for all the networks as the wedding draws closer. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 01:07:12 pm »
I remember getting up in the middle of the night back in July '81 to watch Charles and Di get married.  Was a 15-year-old Anglophile, and my parents thought I was insane when they heard me turn on the TV at 3 am and plop myself down in front of it.  Back in those ancient days, TV's were pieces of furniture that lived on the floor, ha-ha.  I was entranced by the gallantry of all of it.  But the monarchy is just not the same as it was back then.  It's lost its magic.  Seemed to disappear, at least for me, when Diana lost her life in '97.

So, no, I won't be watching.

Although I hope Diana will be...

I did the same thing Mandy. In fact my Grandma was visiting us at the time and she got up for it too. We watched it together. That was fun! I didn't even go to bed before Diana's funeral. We just stayed up very late and watched it.

I agree, the British Monarchy is changing. But it is still very fascinating to many Americans, including me. I love the Royal Family! 8) 8)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 03:05:52 pm »
I am also an ardent monarchist and did seriously think about going to London as I will be so close. However I realised accommodation would be at a premium and the crowds horrendous. I have a photo of William as my screensaver  ::) It has been there for years so is a bit dated and he has a full head of hair :-) 
He made a great impression when he visited Christchurch recently and then the areas where flooding had occurred in Australia. There are things a royal can do in times of national disaster that cannot be done by a politician. I do hope all goes well and he brings back the admiration gained by his grandmother. He is making a good start. I dread seeing Australia and/or New Zealand becoming republics.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »
Nope, I won't be watching.  Never did follow the royals.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 08:58:22 pm »

I too remember the wedding of Diana and Charles.....thinking what a beautiful fairy tale.....unfortunately having read since, about Charles and Camilla, and the fact that they were together the night before that wedding, when I see clips of their wedding now, I see Charles as a proper arsehole, and thats why it pains me to think that Camilla will probably be sitting where Diana should have been sitting at William's wedding. Dont they have any shame at all.

I believe the chair for the mother of the groom should be respectfully left vacant, and if its not I dont know if I want to watch the wedding.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 04:36:57 am »
What wedding?

Oh, you mean this wedding!!

;) ;D ;D

(can't get it to load on the page)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 10:03:31 am »

;) ;D ;D

Hey my friend posted this on fb earlier - very clever take off of that other wedding dance one that I love so much (with the Chris Bown Forever song)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 10:07:39 am »
I put maybe.

I have been gigen the day off for the wedding and I have no plans at the moment.

More than likely I'll record it so I zip through all the rubbish build up bit and get to the - celebs and royals arriving and seeing what they are wearing plus Kate arriving.. fast forward through the wedding and get to the pomp and circumstance bit of them leaving and waving to crowds on the balcony!

There are very few street parties arranged in the UK compared to the last royal weddings...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 01:42:07 pm »
Yep.  I'm not a follower of the royal family like a friend of mine is, but I do like a spectacle with a lot of tradition.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 05:29:23 pm »

;) ;D ;D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug[/youtube]