Author Topic: And what about the choice of our user name ?  (Read 32574 times)

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: And what about the choice of our user name ?
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2006, 07:26:25 am »
Actually when I fell for him was when he was talking to Noah Wyle's character.. If you dig this film as much as me, you'll know it well: the line is "Roberta Sparrow?...*pause*.. Come on.." and he gives this disbelieving smile.... oh god, I just lost it. The smile grabbed and hasn't let me go.  I was gone...

Oooh my golly yes, I dig, I dig!  Actually that Noah's not too shabby either, and I've always had fantasies about Drew (I know, I know, but I'd give it a really good try).  I love recommending DD to people, and then waiting for them to come back a few days later with a strange/pained look on their face... ;)
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2006, 07:43:44 am »
Actually when I fell for him was when he was talking to Noah Wyle's character.. If you dig this film as much as me, you'll know it well: the line is "Roberta Sparrow?...*pause*.. Come on.." and he gives this disbelieving smile.... oh god, I just lost it. The smile grabbed and hasn't let me go.  I was gone...

Oooh my golly yes, I dig, I dig!  Actually that Noah's not too shabby either, and I've always had fantasies about Drew (I know, I know, but I'd give it a really good try).  I love recommending DD to people, and then waiting for them to come back a few days later with a strange/pained look on their face... ;)

Hahahaa!! I know EXACTLY what you mean. I actually remember when my sister took my Donnie Darko virginity... she was part-way through watching it, but as soon as I walked in from work, she stopped the video (yup, it was VIDEO back then) and started it again.  She said to me "you HAVE to watch this movie!". And I'm like, "okay, whatever".  And then she told me nothing about it.  I had no clue what it was about.  And I watched it, all the while, my jaw's starting to hang lower and lower.. we got to the end, past that beautiful rendition of Mad World and I looked her, completely dumbfounded (she's giggling mind you) and I said to her - quote :- "What the **** did I just watch?" and we both cracked up laughing, watched it again - I fell hard for Jake, have been utterly obsessed ever since, with both the movie AND His Royal KillerSmileness..

Hey, Chris, don't worry, I'd do Drew as well!!!  In a heartbeat.  I loved her hair in DD. Such is my love for her that I suffered through drawing a picture of Tim Roth, cause it had her in it too.. check it out:

Chut up!

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2006, 08:37:06 am »
Hey, Chris, don't worry, I'd do Drew as well!!!  In a heartbeat.  I loved her hair in DD. Such is my love for her that I suffered through drawing a picture of Tim Roth, cause it had her in it too.. check it out:

Wow, you *are* a talentted little minx now aren't you - a bundle of surprises!  L*O*V*E the drawing, and now that we're DD buddies, you too!

I can see now what Ray's been on about!!! :-*
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2006, 05:11:54 pm »
Aww, thanks Chris.. love that you love DD and gotta love a fellow Aussie..   :-*

You must tell me more about what Ray's "been on about" sometime....lol
Chut up!

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2006, 04:42:31 am »
Kirk is my name.  Music is my reason for living.  Okay, I'm overstating things.  If I didn't have music I'd do dramatic acting or writing or politics.  As it stands I'm primarily a singer who's also a songwriter, actor, dancer, CD collector.

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2006, 09:45:40 pm »
Simply an amalgamation of my two favourite words - 'saucy' and 'cobblers'. As I've been asked this before I'll explain the meanings...

Saucy - when something is 'saucy' it's slightly rude or suggestive. I love the way that Barbara Windsor says it in the 'Carry On' films... "Ooooo, you are sauuuucy!".

Cobblers - a cobbler is a shoemaker, but cobblers means 'rubbish' or 'nonsense' - as in "What a load of old cobblers" (my favourite phrase).

You may have gathered from this that I'm from England  ::)
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2006, 01:52:06 am »
My explanation was over on the IMDb, too, but I'll resurrect this tired old story  :laugh: since you asked!

Years ago,( my first time online and I had to choose a name)  I had NO concept of how closely connected to it I'd be, and for how long.  The name is the same for my email address and for my BetterMost username.  I had submitted several different ideas, all turned down by AOL, so I kept  thinking....   what name other than my own would make me turn and look if I heard it?  That's how I came up with 'Sash'.  It was the name of a character I played in the film, 'Thundercrack!', a VERY long time ago  ;) .  I asked for just 'Sash', but no....so I added the 'CA', simply signifying that I'm a Californian, but still no--  and they said I could have that IF I added these random numbers (that they chose).  So, there ya go.  ::)
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline BB Stacker

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2006, 04:56:41 pm »
Since I usually use the same old name for everything I thought I'd do something different here just because.
 I once had a co-worker who used the phrase "Might as well be sitting in the corner stacking bbs" when referring to a particularly unproductive day. I always liked the phrase, and around the time I signed up here I seemed to be having an unprecedented number of those days.

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2006, 09:13:26 pm »
Amber is my name ... although my login name is msuamber.  MSUamber because I graduated from Michigan State.  Someone on the boards kindly informed me however that msuamber sounded like an African Tribal Chief name so I dropped the msu and kept the Amber *lol* :D
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2006, 12:19:31 am »
I have had several people send me pm's asking what the 925 after David means. One person asked if the 25 indicated the year I was born. She said I look awfully good in my pic for an 81 year old!

The 925 is the month and day I was born. September 25. And David is my real first name.  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.