Author Topic: And what about the choice of our user name ?  (Read 32519 times)

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: And what about the choice of our user name ?
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2006, 06:16:24 pm »
'Chanterais' (it's French for "I would sing", but I guess you know that).

Chanterais!, please tell everyone I already told you that like two months ago.  Please!  Tell 'em I already pointed that out!  Thanks.

*Adriana clears her voice and taps the mic.* Testing, testing, 1 2 3 testing.  Hey, is this thing on?  It is?  Okay.

Let it be known far and abroad that Ellemeno did indeed exhibit her impressive and enviable knowledge of the French language in a private message to me some months ago.  It should additionally be noted that she was the first of many such persons to display said erudition, and should be acknowledged as such.  Here ends my pronouncement.

Did I do it right Elle?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:25:04 pm by Chanterais »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2006, 08:29:39 pm »
'Chanterais' (it's French for "I would sing", but I guess you know that).

Chanterais!, please tell everyone I already told you that like two months ago.  Please!  Tell 'em I already pointed that out!  Thanks.

*Adriana clears her voice and taps the mic.* Testing, testing, 1 2 3 testing.  Hey, is this thing on?  It is?  Okay.

Let it be known far and abroad that Ellemeno did indeed exhibit her impressive and enviable knowledge of the French language in a private message to me some months ago.  It should additionally be noted that she was the first of many such persons to display said erudition, and should be acknowledged as such.  Here ends my pronouncement.

Did I do it right Elle?

:D

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2006, 11:37:30 pm »
Ruby-my nickname=RouxB-the name of my red car. My name is Sherrill (and I am some kind of an aholic)
Omygod! That's so funny. My car's name is Ruby, too!  ;)
Except mine is silver. I wanted a red car but the year I bought my civic, the closest thing to red it came in was a deep burgundy, a color I hate. So naming her Ruby is my way of living my red car desire.
Do you spell your car's name RouxB?

Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2006, 11:47:09 pm »
Let's see,

I'm a Buffy fan.
I think Stitch from Lilo & Stitch and the movie itself is positively adorable.
I'm a Brokeback Mountain fan.

And there you have it.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline hermitdave

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • changed forever by brokeback...
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2006, 12:05:50 am »
 I picked my name because after seeing BbM I wanted to change the way I live life. Ive been very much the recluse for years. I hadnt even considered opening myself up to another person for friendship -or more-for a long time. So my name is really the opposite of who I am. It is however the kind of person I want to become.
"Whenever Im alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again. Whenever Im alone with you, you make me feel like I am young again." - The Cure

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2006, 12:32:20 am »
EnnisLovesJack-

Yes, my car is RouxB because, originally, it was supposed to be androgynous for Ruby. I didn't want a gendered car but she turned out to be a she after all.

Sometimes when I read the stuff that I write I wonder where I left my sanity.

O0

Heathen

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2006, 05:17:32 am »
Err, I was one of the earliest BetterMost members just now getting into CT, and with just a handful of us, "Chris" seemed sufficient.  But later we got another prominent Chris in IdahoLonly and people talking to him started calling him "Idaho Chris".  So, logically I differentiated myself with Aussie.  Sounded a bit gimmicky to me at first, but I don't mind it now, and I like AC as well!
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2006, 01:15:37 pm »
Guess I'm stuck with what I got here...

I would have loved to have come up w/ something great but I signed on to IMDb just to "read a little" about Brokeback Mountain cause I COULD NOT SLEEP after seeing it.

So, I just used my AOL name - which I chose long ago to indicate Female (people thought I was male cause I love sports) & having some Sense.  Unfortunatley, the correct spelling was taken so I had to alter it. 

NOW everyone assumes I love SILK & Incense! 

I don't.

Sad but true.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2006, 02:33:19 pm »
I had an account at IMDB already and posted mainly on message boards for German movies. For some reason I felt like creating a new account exclusively for "Brokeback Mountain" (the BBM fever, I guess). In fact, the BBM-board was the only one pipedream ever appeared on. Why not a German name? Dunno. Probably just thought that for an English speaking forum an English name would be more appropriate.
Since I tend to daydreaming very much, I wanted to call myself "Daydream" which, of course was taken already, as were all the other names I tried that contained the word "dream". Pipedream was left over. Don't even like it very much, but I guess I, too, have to stick with it now.
"Little Kraut" would, of course, have been an option or - better yet - "Unkraut". That's German for "weed". Would have been very well fitting on a troll infected message board, don't ya think?

We have a nice saying: "Unkraut vergeht nicht" ("weeds don't die away"), meaning: "it would take more than that to finish him/her off". Sure hope our friend John (jmmgallagher) is as robust as Unkraut!!!

8)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 06:14:56 pm by Pipedream »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2006, 02:52:36 pm »
I called myself julie01--because Julie is my name, and I didn't especially want people to be confused about my sex (although I sometimes get confused about it), or appear to be hiding anything.

It was also a reaction to an earler user name, "14520sjowall"--eBay told me to pick a name that would secretly mean something to me, but would be hard for others to copy or guess...YAWN..well, '1452" is the year of Richard III's birth, the "0" is gratuituous (I think another digit was wanted) and "sjowall"--you have to add an accent mark, called an umlaut in German--is the name orf a great Swedish mystery writer, who wrote a series of 10 mysteries with her husband, Per Wahloo (more accent marks needed) before he died of cancer...I think the agreement to write the series was written into their marriage vows, but I'm not sure about that...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters