Author Topic: Jake Gyllenhaal Will Get Wild With Bear Grylls July 11 on 'Men vs. Wild'  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/jake-gyllenhaal-and-bear-grylls-will-be-men-vs-wild.html

Jake Gyllenhaal
and
Bear Grylls
Will Be
Men vs. Wild

06/20/2011

Jake Gyllenhaal will share an Icelandic snow cave with Bear Grylls on the premiere episode of this season's Men vs. Wild :

For two days, Bear and Jake embark on a survival experience neither will forget, to an Icelandic landscape dominated by mountains, huge glaciers and some of Europe's most active volcanoes. Jake will have to go where Bear goes, eat whatever Bear eats, and on occasion even take the lead, if he's going to cope with some of the worst conditions known to man. "For me, it's all about discovery," said Gyllenhaal.

Said Bear about the experience, "The wild is always very revealing - not only physically but mentally. You've got to smile when it's driving horizontal hail and be able to face your fears and just get on and do it -- and on both of those accounts, Jake came up strong."

The Belfast Telegraph  adds:

Bear revealed: "A couple of weeks ago I took Jake Gyllenhaal, reportedly the fittest man in Hollywood, on a Born Survivor to Iceland. He said he wanted to to be pushed and afterwards said he'd never been pushed so hard.

He went on: "We had crazy conditions - sleeping in snow caves, huge river crossings and these torrential storms. I was a little bit nervous as I promised Jake's management team I would keep him alive, but he was brilliant.

"There's something magical about the raw emotion of fear and nerves. I think that's what people like about the show."

Given the methods available to stay warm in such situations, it should be a glorious episode.

The show premieres on July 11.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/06/jake_gyllenhaal_man_vs_wild.html

Jake Gyllenhaal
Will Get Wild With
Bear Grylls

By: Kyle Buchanan
6/20/11 at 5:00 PM

Jake Gyllenhaal has plenty of onscreen experience bunking (and bonding) with another man in harsh outdoor conditions, so his stint on the season premiere of Man vs. Wild  should be a snap, right? For the July 11 episode, Gyllenhaal spent two days in remote Iceland with host Bear Grylls, who promises, "We had crazy conditions — sleeping in snow caves, huge river crossings and these torrential storms. I was a little bit nervous as I promised Jake's management team I would keep him alive, but he was brilliant." Discovery also claims that Gyllenhaal had "to go where Bear goes [and] eat whatever Bear eats," so if you're tuning in just for the survival-sharpened homoeroticism, you'd best steel yourself for another stomach-churning, flesh-chomping montage .

(How about Elk??   ::) ::) )

Also posted on the Chez Tremblay thread Jake Jake Jake!:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1113.msg613595/topicseen.html#msg613595
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
He went on: "We had crazy conditions - sleeping in snow caves, huge river crossings and these torrential storms. I was a little bit nervous as I promised Jake's management team I would keep him alive, but he was brilliant.

I wonder whether they got naked together in one sleeping bag. That's the best way to stay warm in those conditions. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!

I wonder whether they got naked together in one sleeping bag. That's the best way to stay warm in those conditions. ...  8)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"

While I was eating my lunch today, I was reading an article about Harrison Ford in the AARP magazine (  ::) ). Looking now at this picture of Jake, it occurs to me that 30 years from now, he could be the Harrison Ford of his generation. There is a certain gravitas combined with boyishness that Jake has that I think Ford has to this day.

Not that I'll be around to see Jake as the Harrison Ford of his generation. ...  ::)

Meanwhile, I wouldn't at all mind seeing him and Bear Grylls naked together. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
This came on my PBS station so late in the evening that I fell asleep about 10 minutes into it!! What did others think of the show?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
I posted my thoughts over on the Jake Jake Jake thread.