Author Topic: October came  (Read 3180 times)

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
October came
« on: October 06, 2006, 06:11:20 am »
Dear friends,
not always bad things are necessarily that bad, if you can find the right side of the thing.
I'm currently at home for a few days due to a very strong cold and back pain which almost blocked me in the office, so I can relax a little bit from my standard hectic life, and maybe visit these pages more frequently for two/three days.
October seems to be a promising month for Sky TV subscribers in Italy, as they're currently performing everyday a number of movies, starring Jake and Heath: Proof, The Day After Tomorrow, Ned Kelly and Casanova are all there.
And from today BBM is being performed all the day long. Indeed the best way to celebrate my first anniversary with this story.
And to celebrate even more aptly, as well as having promised it to Front Ranger, I'm attaching herewith some images of the island of Tavolara, which I consider my inspirational BBM.
It lies approximately 5 miles from home and it's truly an unbelievable place: a whole mountain rising from one of the purest seas you can imagine. A dreamlike image conjuring up the idea of the garden of Eden.
For you to enjoy...  
They were two friends of mine

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: October came
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 06:28:14 am »
You have a remarkable talent, luigival, to mention in passing something that you're doing, and I wish I was there to enjoy it with you.  The pictures look amazing, but you can keep your cold if that's ok, I'd rather not share in that! ;)
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 11:18:21 am »
Luigi, you have all it takes to feel better, I see!  Great scenery, on screen and off.  Now just open up one o' them soup boxes and take care of that cold.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline luigival

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 05:14:06 am »
Luigi, you have all it takes to feel better, I see!  Great scenery, on screen and off.  Now just open up one o' them soup boxes and take care of that cold.  :-*
You're right Meryl! Exactly one week ago I was on that spot and can assure you it was just wonderful. Only the sheep were missing (but I had wildboars and mufflons instead). Now I'll take care of this stupid cold, cooking up my soup: I'm really sick a beans!
The pictures look amazing, but you can keep your cold if that's ok, I'd rather not share in that! ;)
Right Chris! We can share the images and place but as for the cold. I'd better keep it all for myself. Ciao for now.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 01:13:34 pm »
Luigi -

Next September/October I will be visiting Rome, Naples (only 1 day here) & Livorno.   The weather appears so beautiful - is it generally true that time of year?  Will I see the beautiful island of Tavolara?  (As you can discern, I know little of the geography as of yet).

LJ
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline luigival

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 04:20:50 am »
Luigi -

Next September/October I will be visiting Rome, Naples (only 1 day here) & Livorno.   The weather appears so beautiful - is it generally true that time of year?  Will I see the beautiful island of Tavolara?  (As you can discern, I know little of the geography as of yet).

LJ
Hi Silkincense,
good to know you're coming to Italy! Well, weatherwise Sep/Oct are usually perfect months for travelling in this country, with generally cool and crystal-clear days. As for Tavolara, I'm afraid you won't see it unless you travel to Sardinia, that big island off the coast of Italy and just south of Corsica.
The island of Tavolara is located just south of Olbia, in northeastern Sardinia, and despite being almost 5 kms long and 700 ms high you won't see it neither from Naples nor from Livorno. They're too far away from here...
Ciao and enjoy your trip.

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 11:04:30 am »
Luigi -

Thanks so much.  I will be travelling by cruise ship from port to port.  I will also have 5 days in Rome & 2 in Livorno.  If you have any inside tips - PM me, I have a lot to decide before I go (thank goodness I have so much time!)

Ciao.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline luigival

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 11:50:59 am »
Luigi -

Thanks so much.  I will be travelling by cruise ship from port to port.  I will also have 5 days in Rome & 2 in Livorno.  If you have any inside tips - PM me, I have a lot to decide before I go (thank goodness I have so much time!)

Ciao.
I will PM you for sure Silkincense, but as you say you still have plenty of time to go. BTW could be that while travelling by sea, your ship will incidentally pass by Tavolara... you never know