Author Topic: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat  (Read 13604 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 06:54:32 pm »
Lovely, from Brand.

But...does anyone know what demons Amy was fighting?  Her folks look like they're quite loving and cared about her.  What pain was she looking to numb?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 10:32:12 pm »
Lovely, from Brand.

But...does anyone know what demons Amy was fighting?  Her folks look like they're quite loving and cared about her.  What pain was she looking to numb?

I'm wondering about this, as well.  I've read that even truly talented famous people don't think they deserve what they have, and dread what will happen when/if they're all washed up and it all goes away.  But then, Amy seemed troubled before she made it big, so what was up with her...????

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 10:45:33 pm »
I'm wondering about this, as well.  I've read that even truly talented, famous people don't think they deserve what they have, and dread what will happen when/if they're all washed up and it all goes away.  But then, Amy seemed troubled before she made it big, so what was up with her...????

According to her, she never wanted to be 'big'.  Maybe she didn't know she had a choice?  That she could just NOT take the big contracts and just play in pubs the rest of her life if she wanted to?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 10:49:49 pm »
According to her, she never wanted to be 'big'.  Maybe she didn't know she had a choice?  That she could just NOT take the big contracts and just play in pubs the rest of her life if she wanted to?

Maybe one day we will know what actually happened with her.  I love her music, and I miss her already.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 01:26:37 pm »
Wow, that was lovely what Russell said about her and about addiction.  I'm blown away with his words.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 05:58:19 pm »
Wow, that was lovely what Russell said about her and about addiction.  I'm blown away with his words.

I totally agree Mandy......words said from experience and from the heart, and hopefully will help others with these terrible addictions.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 02:42:54 pm »
Words spoken from experience certainly mean the most.  I agree, Sue, and I certainly hope people learn from this loss.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...