Author Topic: Anyone seen the documentary GASLAND (Colorado, Wyoming)?  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
Anyone seen the documentary GASLAND (Colorado, Wyoming)?
« on: September 28, 2011, 04:10:12 pm »
Scared, frigthen and just horrible. An oscar nominated documentary about the gaslands in Wyoming and Colorado. And its impacts on nature and the human being that lives in the area. The link is to a Swedish television site.
But the documentary is in english with swedish subtitles.

http://svtplay.se/v/2544866/dox/gasland

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Anyone seen the documentary GASLAND (Colorado, Wyoming)?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:28:19 am »
I recently watched this movie and although it sure raises some questions about the oil-and gas industry, I'd rather just have the facts given to me instead of having them wrapped up in this sort of fictionalized, emotion driven documentary.

Anyways, Josh Fox, the creator of "Gasland" is coming to Sheridan, WY in November, and I'm sure it would be interesting to listen to him.

Creator of fracking film 'Gasland' to speak in Sheridan Nov. 5

Josh Fox, creator of the "Gasland" documentary about hydraulic fracturing concerns, will speak at the Powder River Basin Resource Council annual meeting in Sheridan on Nov. 5.

Fox visited and filmed in Pavillion, Wyo., for part of his documentary.

Love or hate his film, it's driving a big part of the discussion about fracking and encouraged a lot of opposition to the practice.

According to the PRBRC news release on Fox's visit:

-------

"'We're very excited to host Josh Fox at the Powder River Basin Resource Council Annual Meeting,' said John Fenton, a Resource Council Board Member who is featured in Gasland. 'Josh is an exciting speaker who has been able to shine some light on the problems with the oil and gas industry. He gives people like me hope that our voice can counteract industry lobbyists and lawyers by getting our story out to the nation.'

Admission to the keynote speech is $30 for members or $40 for non-members and includes a dinner. A speaker-only rate of $10 for members and $15 for non-members will also be offered. The non-member prices include a one year membership to the Resource Council. The event starts at 4 p.m. with a silent auction benefiting the Resource Council. Josh Fox will be speaking at 7 p.m."

------------

Read more: http://trib.com/news/opinion/blogs/boom/creator-of-fracking-film-gasland-to-speak-in-sheridan-nov/article_c6d87f98-ff25-11e0-84d0-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1cFsCkt5g