Author Topic: I miss you on weekends  (Read 213851 times)

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
Re: I miss you on weekends
« Reply #300 on: August 12, 2009, 11:05:43 am »
thanks a lot you guys, i think i know what to do now. Milomorris, i like your idea of creativity, opera singer? Thats really cool, i bet that takes a lot of concentration and skill. Do you like Paul Potts? i love his voice, have his CD. I've been really listening to a lot of music these days.

work work work! You guys work so much  :laugh: i almost can't wait to work, so i can have money to be the person i want to be (money is not needed, but of course it helps).

Kelda, thanks, i have been talking to him less and less. I really feel bad for him, though.

and Br. Patrick, thanks a lot! I always ask (thus i must be creative, lol...) I love editing, especially Brokeback music videos, the movie is always fresh in my mind

thanks alot!
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #301 on: August 12, 2009, 02:03:02 pm »
aye you work to live not live to work Rebel!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2009, 03:47:31 pm »
The very words that you write are those of one infused with creativity!  Creative people ask questions about things. 

Most definitely. Rebel's creativity is an innate characteristic. Its in him.

I also play keyboards and have composed 5 volumes of music for the monastery. 

Have you written anything that a guy with a low voice can sing?
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2009, 11:04:28 am »
Have you written anything that a guy with a low voice can sing?

Most of the Inspired music that I wrote was for monks with very little vocal range.  I wrote hundreds of Antiphons with the Cantor beginning (and there is where I could use Bb - Eb) but when it came to the monks response, I was really limited from C to about A# or Bb.   But since I can play in any key it worked.   Never tried composing music BELOW Middle C at all.   What type of music do you like?  Send me some metered verses and I could attempt it.  *I don't write the words or verse, and often had to adapt what I was given to punctuate the music.  (Making the words hape proper musical stresses..)

..but what I really like to do is pick a key, decide if I will go up or down, close my eyes, and then just JAM.  This came in handy for background music for appropriate rituals.  I could stop EXACTLY when I needed to - something I have always treasured as my special gift.

I'm an amateur musician, had 3 months of lessions when I was 10 years old that didn't work because I was living with my father and the piano and practice were at my mother's house.  I never stopped playing though and can play by ear.  If I hear a song played, I can play it (with my particular limitations)  Played 4 times a day in the monastery from 1978 until 1997.   Then TOOK 10 YEARS OFF!

{{{Cybercurious}}}  ::)

br. p

Thanks Rebel for letting me borrow your blog.  One thing I forgot to tell you.   Creative people are a strange lot - often called crazy because we don't think like they do.  And that's OK with me.
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2009, 06:54:16 am »
Here's Rebel, Rebel, backstage in Giant.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #305 on: December 19, 2009, 12:12:29 am »
Happy birthday, Phoenix!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2010, 12:18:01 am »
a late thanks for the Birthday wishes :)

i would like to say that i am totally in an emotional desert. I want to know what this is, but i can't understand it. Its like i have to force myself to feel things. I've been very jealous lately (past year) of a friend of mine - he's a lovely person, but he's priveledged and has an amazing drawing ability and his good looking and i feel that feeling i used to with my older brother - this person is better than me in everyway. It has been so much worse than it is now. But i see how sensitive he is (he was sheltered) and how he picks up things, when usually i was the one to pick up things, a weird hyper perception towards movies/music. He plays my games but is better at them.

i have felt pretty bad about myself lately. But me and this guy have a fantastic friendship - we are very close, he loves me, and i love him. We are not together tho, just together. He knows i want to, but he does not.

sometimes i feel that i can't feel anything, and then i get jealous because he's apparently feeling everything.

i don't understand.
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #307 on: March 11, 2010, 02:43:34 am »
Hi, Phoenix! Thanks for giving us an update on your life. It must be very disconcerting with your friend. I hate it when I'm on a different wavelength than my partner or the timing's off. But that is the way it often is, sigh. Not very often does that magical Brokeback Mountain thing happen when everything is right, the bluebirds are singing, and the whiskey is flowing.

A person can grow to love another person, though, over time. You can't force it, but it can happen sometimes. That's just my opinion.

Stay in touch with us. Do you still write and compose poetry? You are so gifted in that arena.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2010, 05:48:22 am »
Ditto to what Front Ranger said!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2010, 08:08:57 am »
When I was your age I had many phases of trying to figure out who was me.  I emulated people I liked and became what they wanted.  Then I moved into a Commune and did the same thing and was called on it because I was told I seemed like different people with others.  It was said with love so I took my favorite qualities of them all and made them mine.   It's perfectly normal to "become" oneself.   It's a process.  You'll come through  OK.

Love and Prayers,

br. p