Author Topic: Halloween Photo Captions  (Read 49551 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Halloween Photo Captions
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2017, 03:03:10 pm »
I'm seeing it too! Great picture of you, friend!

Thank you for verifying this for me!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2017, 10:08:42 pm »
I see it too!!!  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2017, 05:54:15 am »
Oh, my gosh, it works! How many years have I wasted not knowing this?  :laugh:  Thank you for mentioning it, FRiend.

I guess the picture only works when I'm on the site? Could somebody possibly verify that for me?

You have to be logged on to BM to see attached photos. So guests can't see them. But members - sure, it's fine! :)

(Pic in question was taken at the Maryland Renaissance Festival in 2008. I usually do some variation of this at Halloween.)

I like it! :D
And hoo-raayyyy for Jeff's first posted photo!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;D :) ;D :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2017, 10:18:38 am »

You have to be logged on to BM to see attached photos. So guests can't see them. But members - sure, it's fine! :)

So, since I'm "permanently" logged in, I guess that's why FRiend Lee could see the picture when I wasn't on the site?

I like it! :D

Thanks!  :)

I'm still wrestling with what I want to wear tonight. Trouble is still having a week's worth of Renaissance garb to pick from. I thought about doing all black, but then it occurred to me that people would think I was trying to be Zorro.  :(  Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not what I want to be.

I'm also trying to decide whether or not I should wear my (stage prop) sword. It looks really cool, but in a crowded bar, it's not so convenient.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2017, 10:41:40 pm »
I was in a replica of Tom Hanks' costume from A League of Their Own.

I kept telling people there's no crying in baseball.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2017, 10:18:55 am »
A very quiet Halloween here. I presume many (most?) people celebrated this past Saturday, while I was visiting my dad.  :-\

I went out last night, however. I "did my usual." I wore some of my Renaissance garb, but with a bit of twist (no pun intended  ;D ). I was all in black, black cavalier hat with black feathers, black shirt, black leather jerkin, black tights, black boots. I also did something that will be with me for a while: I dyed my beard and mustache black, so they would stick with the theme.  ;D  I also wore my sword.  :)

I was on my way out when the elevator doors opened, and there was the front desk attendant ready to snap a photo with his phone.  ;D He asked me if I minded, and I said no, I didn't mine. He promised to see I get a copy of the picture. If I do, perhaps I'll come back here and post it.

I thought I looked really good. Too bad almost no one saw it.  :(  My pastor saw it: When I got to the Usual Watering Hole, he and his partner were there having dinner.  ;D

I'm getting a haircut this afternoon. I'll ask my barber if he knows some way to remove the dye. If not, I'll just live with it till it wears out. I will just hope the color will be gone by Thanksgiving.

I expect it will get tedious constantly explaining to others that the black beard is a remnant of Halloween.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2017, 12:53:07 pm »
I expect it will get tedious constantly explaining to others that the black beard is a remnant of Halloween.

He can put another layer of dye on it, in your natural color.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2017, 12:59:50 pm »
So, since I'm "permanently" logged in, I guess that's why FRiend Lee could see the picture when I wasn't on the site?

Nope. The person who wants to see the photo has to be logged on. Doesn't matter if the one who attached the photo is logged on or not. The photo is stored on BM. That's why there's a cap on how many MBs (GBs?) one member can load up per year.
But no worries! It's a lot, so merrily post away photos! :) Only one person has managed to hit the cap in all those years. And then I just extented the cap (or maybe John did it, I don't remember, it's long ago).

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2017, 06:31:15 pm »
He can put another layer of dye on it, in your natural color.

Actually he gave me some color remover and advice on other things to use. The dye was so black that I doubt another layer of dye would have helped--especially since my natural color now is gray.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2017, 07:54:59 pm »
Hope to see the pic, it sounds  like a cool costume!