Author Topic: New inventions in our lifetime........  (Read 38100 times)

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: New inventions in our lifetime........
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2006, 11:22:08 pm »
Katie77...I've been using "Katie" because I thought some time ago you indicated that was your name.  Now I see a reference to "Sue".  So, please, how do I adress you? 

As for all those new-fangled-gadgets, I don't own any.  I spent  a career with a phone attached to my ear 8-10 hrs a day.  No thanks...if anyone  wants to talk to me they have to call me at home, and I answer the old fashion way, on a phone that is attached to something.  But I do have a cordless phone.  Does that mean I'm part of the new generation?  God, I hope so!!!! :)...Doug

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2006, 12:01:50 am »
Katie77...I've been using "Katie" because I thought some time ago you indicated that was your name.  Now I see a reference to "Sue".  So, please, how do I adress you? 

My real name is Sue, but I'm also used to people calling me Katie on here, so whatever you like Doug......

Yes, if you have a cordless phone, you are moving into the new fangled contraption age......i recently got a dual cordless phone...so if i cant find where i left one, i can pick up the other one.....(now that really is progressive)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2006, 12:49:03 am »
Sue! You're getting VERY close to hitting 1000 posts!!

Congratulations!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2006, 04:55:21 am »
Sue! You're getting VERY close to hitting 1000 posts!!

Congratulations!  :D

What happens then David?.......does my computer turn into a pumpkin?

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2006, 12:54:09 pm »
I think it explodes or something.  Better be careful . . .  ;)

horo35

« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2006, 01:01:41 pm »
Actually Katie, I believe I can clear this up once and for all.  Now remember this is serious but once you hit the 1000th post a big magical cowboy hat appears on top of your computer screen! ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:06:49 pm by horo35 »

Offline Katie77

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2006, 04:21:21 pm »
Actually Katie, I believe I can clear this up once and for all.  Now remember this is serious but once you hit the 1000th post a big magical cowboy hat appears on top of your computer screen! ;D

I hope I get the cowboy that comes with the hat, as well......

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2006, 01:06:20 am »
I too find it extremely unlikely that I will ever invest in that contraption either. I note how these now ubiquitous phones isolate and distract their users from their immediate environment, and I think that's a real shame. I can't deny their usefulness in possible emergencies myself, but don't find that sufficient motivation to become the owner of one.

I don't use or own a cell phone either.  No need for one.  I can see how it might come in handy when I have a flat tire or something, but that happens so rarely, it isn't worth the price of having one.  I have a home phone and a work phone.  If I'm there, I'm there.  If I'm not...that's what answering machines and voice mail are for.  My presence somewhere will never be something that is such a dire emergency that the world will stop if there's a delay.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2006, 08:11:23 am »

No, you go over to the 1000+ posts thread (on Chez Tremblay) and we shower you with praise.

In the old days, we gave out statues and awards, now all we can afford is praise. Too many 1000-posters hanging around this joint, I guess.

Me...I've got 3000 in my sights and I am bearing down...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2006, 08:13:51 am »
I don't use or own a cell phone either.  No need for one.  I can see how it might come in handy when I have a flat tire or something, but that happens so rarely, it isn't worth the price of having one.  I have a home phone and a work phone.  If I'm there, I'm there.  If I'm not...that's what answering machines and voice mail are for.  My presence somewhere will never be something that is such a dire emergency that the world will stop if there's a delay.

In my mind, this is the way I would like to be, but with children, having a cell phone makes a huge difference. Coordinating with them, with my husband, who's here, who's there, who's picking up who...and once you get used to the phone, it is hard to give it up. Which is the same way I feel about the garbage disposal in the sink!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!