Author Topic: Ok. Who else hates Christmas?  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Ok. Who else hates Christmas?
« on: December 24, 2011, 09:37:26 am »
Who else hates Christmas? We buy things we don’t need, we endure absurd music, we meet relatives we don't really want to see, and we try all too hard to fulfill a role that is expected of us (as a mother, at least). Miserably failing, of course. Sorry, but I could really do without those "holidays".  :P

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Ok. Who else hates Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 10:07:53 am »
I know someone like that...and it happens to be a person who has their birthday in December too!! I wonder if there's any connection?  8) Anyway, so nice to see you here, Anke!! I'm sure your little ones appreciate the effort you go to to make the season happy for them.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 12:39:58 pm »
Nope.. I'm a December birthday and I love Christmas!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 04:29:54 pm »
I feel out of synch with the holliday.I want to slow down and relax and the world demand me to consume.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 05:03:35 pm »
Well its 7am Christmas morning here now.....as I ponder and procrastinate over what I need to do to get this show on the road...

I have organised to pick my mum up at 10.30am and we will go over to my sons house to celebrate the day.

I have presents still to wrap, I need to clean the boot (trunk) of my car so as to fit my mum's wheelie walker in there, and I need to write out cards to put money in for the other presents.....actually now that I've written it down what's to do, it doesnt seem like that much, and if I can get off my sleepy arse and do it, instead of thinking about it, I will have plenty of time.

I guess that's what Christmas is all about, is doing that little bit extra, even when you dont really feel like it, hoping that you can make someone elses day better and happier.

So if I can press the button to sign out of this bloody computer, and get myself off this chair, I have 3 and a half hours to get things done, and then I can begin to relax and enjoy the day. I dont hate Christmas, I just hate the preparation of it, and the expectations I put on myself.

Ok...I'm going....turn myself into Santa's elf for a few hours.

Have a Happy Christmas everyone......xxx
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 05:13:19 pm »
Christmas this year is good. I´m celebrating it with my parents without my sister and her family (husband and three kids). That might sound rude, but today has been so relaxing and quiet. I´m loving it!

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 05:34:42 pm »
The best thing with holiday is the extra days you get. Time to relax, Eat lovely food. Nice presents to open

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 05:59:54 pm »
Well its 7am Christmas morning here now.....as I ponder and procrastinate over what I need to do to get this show on the road...

I have organised to pick my mum up at 10.30am and we will go over to my sons house to celebrate the day.

I have presents still to wrap, I need to clean the boot (trunk) of my car so as to fit my mum's wheelie walker in there, and I need to write out cards to put money in for the other presents.....actually now that I've written it down what's to do, it doesnt seem like that much, and if I can get off my sleepy arse and do it, instead of thinking about it, I will have plenty of time.

I guess that's what Christmas is all about, is doing that little bit extra, even when you dont really feel like it, hoping that you can make someone elses day better and happier.

So if I can press the button to sign out of this bloody computer, and get myself off this chair, I have 3 and a half hours to get things done, and then I can begin to relax and enjoy the day. I dont hate Christmas, I just hate the preparation of it, and the expectations I put on myself.

Ok...I'm going....turn myself into Santa's elf for a few hours.

Have a Happy Christmas everyone......xxx

Well I'm back, in less than an hour......its all done....well, I didnt end up wrapping presents, it only gets ripped off and makes a mess anyway, so I stuck cards on the presents instead.

So its all loaded in the car and I'm ready to play Santa.......a breezy humid day here, not warm enough for the pool, but cool enough to be comfortable.......

When everything is done, Christmas is pretty cool, cant wait to be with my family and have a good feed of seafood, ham, chicken and salad, especially my son's special potato salad...and all the yummy deserts......

Enjoy your Christmas day everyone......xxxx
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 12:43:02 am »
I don't hate Christmas, but I don't look forward to it like in the days when my family got together for it.  Since my parents passed, I occasionally visit one of my brothers for the holiday, but it's not the same.  Still, it's nice to enjoy the cards and the holiday meal and parties and the general spirit.  My roomie felt like getting a tree this year, so the apartment looks Christmas-y.  Wish we had some snow!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 04:14:06 am »
A Facebook friend (well, not even a friend; frankly she's someone who friended me and said she knew me years ago but whom I don't remember) wrote a sad post this week. She said she just found out her daughter's not coming to see her at Christmas after all. Now she can't wait until Monday, because she just wants the holiday to be over.

Even though she's almost a complete stranger, this makes me sad.  :'(