Author Topic: The Movie "Once"  (Read 25295 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Movie "Once"
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 10:37:42 pm »
I saw this today! It was closing day in Denver and EDelMar and I squeeked in under the wire to see the show with wonderful seats in the orchestra section. We enjoyed going up to have a close look at all the instruments beforehand. EDelMar said all of the guitars were Martins which are made in his hometown of Nazareth, PA. I liked the show even more than the movie because, it was live, of course, and also because it had a couple more beautiful songs than the movie did. One thing I liked better in the movie was that the sound engineer was a real person, more fleshed out. Of course, I loved the haunting music and both Guy and Girl did a great acting job.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 10:50:15 pm »

I saw this today! It was closing day in Denver and EDelMar and I squeeked in under the wire to see the show with wonderful seats in the orchestra section. We enjoyed going up to have a close look at all the instruments beforehand. EDelMar said all of the guitars were Martins which are made in his hometown of Nazareth, PA. I liked the show even more than the movie because, it was live, of course, and also because it had a couple more beautiful songs than the movie did. One thing I liked better in the movie was that the sound engineer was a real person, more fleshed out. Of course, I loved the haunting music and both Guy and Girl did a great acting job.

Glad you liked it, Lee!

(If this particular Road Show Production cast ever makes it back to NY, I might go and see it a third time!)

I have to ask--as you were able to go up on stage to see the instruments up close--was there a working bar on stage as in NY so you were able to get a drink before the show? Just wondering!

Stuart Ward as 'Guy' and Dani de Waal as 'Girl' in Once

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 11:01:03 pm »
Yes, I could have gotten a drink, but EDelMar is a teetotaller so I never drink when I'm with him. And yes, we could see the instruments up close. There was a vast range of them, several Martins, plus a ukelele, banjo, and other stringed instruments. There was also a drum that looked like an ordinary wooden box, but sounded heavenly!
"chewing gum and duct tape"