Author Topic: Twitter Storm - Samantha Brick - Why Women Hate Beautiful Women  (Read 19565 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Twitter Storm - Samantha Brick - Why Women Hate Beautiful Women
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »
I'm really not a fan of the Daily Mail in general and I'd generally agree with the article you pointed to Katy. In addition, the guardian wrote similar things in the article I posted in my first post.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-thrown-to-wolves

But she has since appeared on TV and with other newspapers and she stands by what she wrote!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 05:45:39 pm »
But she has since appeared on TV and with other newspapers and she stands by what she wrote!

Sure, because she's clearly something of a delusional idiot. The essay is proof of that.

I didn't realize until reading the Guardian column you posted that the Daily Mail was notorious for changing writers' work in ways that made them look bad, which would of course be even more unconscionable.

But even if they published her essay exactly as written, even if Samantha Brick herself firmly believes every word of it, the problem remains that the Daily Mail editors, obviously seeing that the essay was ridiculous, published it anyway, giving it good play, knowing full well that they were hanging Samantha Brick out like raw meat to the internet wolves, not caring that she came off looking like a fool and capitalizing on yet another media-generated misogynist fake controversy pitting women against women.

Most responsible publications don't publish things purposely designed to make their writers look like fools.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 07:02:01 pm »

My suggestion to the lady is.  Go to some fancy salon.  Get a makeover.  Find some "Pretty Woman," clothes.  Then just maybe she will make the outside match the ego.

Beautiful mind

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »

My suggestion to the lady is.  Go to some fancy salon.  Get a makeover.  Find some "Pretty Woman," clothes.  Then just maybe she will make the outside match the ego.

Yes, she has potential.  If some makeup wizard got his/her hands on Mrs. Brick  she would look good.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 09:41:26 pm »
Seriously, though, the problem is not that she's not good looking enough or doesn't wear pretty enough clothes. She's sort of average -- not the beauty she perceives herself to be -- but that's beside the point. There's no such thing as "mak(ing) the outside match the ego" because there's no way that level of ego is sane, ever. If she were [insert name of most beautiful celebrity or whatever you can think of] her piece would still be way out of line. And the Daily Mail would still be out of line for inviting readers to critique a writer's evaluation of her own looks.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 03:02:58 pm »

I agree.  It is very odd or self (promoting of them.)  To at once promote her article.  While at the same time offering her
to the wolves, or in this case the bitch wolves.
   I have to admit.  She was probably set up.  I can just hear the meeting..they were all laughing their heads off.  Going "can you believe this bitch?"  We can publish her and let the hammers fall where they may.

Beautiful mind