Author Topic: Buck  (Read 2285 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Buck
« on: January 21, 2012, 10:06:06 pm »
Have you seen the documentary Buck? I am obsessed (not difficult for me  ;D) with this film dedicated to natual horsemanship guru Buck Branneman. His background as a severly abused child gives him a unique perspective on horse training and the similarities between troubles horses and troubled humans.
His beliefs really resonate with me-not to mention an overwhelming Ennis vibe.

Currently showing on HBO and OnDemand

O0
(reclaiming my head)

Heathen

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Buck
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:13:07 pm »
I've had a very good personal review from a friend. Haven't managed to see it yet. Looking forward to it.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:42:29 am »
I saw this last June; it was a favorite at the Ptown film festival.  It blew me away. 

Offline brianr

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 02:09:31 pm »
I saw the trailer when I went with our movie group to see 'The Iron Lady'.  When it began, I thought it was the trailer for 'War Horse' which I had seen in Sydney just after Christmas but has only started in NZ this week. Showing off :) I said to those near me, "I have seen this" then had to retract. It is showing locally but as I have no interest in horses, I do not think I will see it.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 03:45:21 pm »
hey Brian,

The movie is less about horses and more about healing a damaged spirit  told through horses. It is really worth a watch. The spirit of Ennis runs deep in it. How his relationship with horses helped his troubled heart. Give it a try, it might surprise you  :-*

Heathen