Author Topic: The Kids ARE All Right: Actor Matt Bomer Comes Out, Has Partner and 3 Children  (Read 19481 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

Matt Bomer with Kit, Walker and Henry

Partnered: Left to right,
Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Bomer with partner Simon Halls,  David Burtka
at Trevor Live, Dec 4, 2011.

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/02/bomer.html

'White Collar' Actor
Matt Bomer
Comes Out of the Closet,
Thanks Partner, Family

02/13/2012

Matt Bomer, who has up till now lived in a glass closet (most industry people knew) regarding his sexuality, made it public at an awards ceremony and in a magazine article last week. Bomer was given the New Generation Arts and Activism Award from the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards on Saturday. In his award speech, he thanked his partner Simon Halls, and his three kids.

Said Bomer: "And I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family: Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry. Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment."

Bomer was also casually outed in an OK  Magazine article late last week: "In his spare time, Matt admits that he wants to start a charity of his own. 'I think it's important to choose something that's really close to your heart. It would revolve around kids. If you can give kids a chance because they are what is carrying on our legacy.' The actor shares three kids with his partner, Simon Halls."

When asked by Details  about rumors about his sexuality in 2010, Bomer answered, "I don't care about that at all. I'm completely happy and fulfilled in my personal life."

http://www.okmagazine.com/news/matt-bomer-takes-elvis-presley-gq-italia-shoot-and-says-he-wants-play-montgomery-clift

Matt Bomer Takes on Elvis Presley
in 'GQ' Italia   Shoot and Says
He Wants to Play Montgomery Clift

By Rana Meyer
February 9, 2012 - 5:11 pm

Matt Bomer takes a break from his con-man role on White Collar  and channels Elvis Presley in a hot new photo shoot with GQ Italia.

The actor seems to fit right in with a '50s look, so it's no surprise what actor he would like to portray in a film. "I would love to do a Montgomery Clift biopic. I would love to just keep working with really great directors who really inspire me."

But for now, shooting in New York instead of Hollywood is fine by him. Matt says, "I always wanted to shoot a show in New York, but then I moved to L.A. ... and I got a show in New York. I can't complain, it's a great place to get to work in, cultural and fun."

In his spare time, Matt admits that he wants to start a charity of his own. "I think it's important to choose something that's really close to your heart. It would revolve around kids. If you can give kids a chance because they are what is carrying on our legacy." The actor shares three kids with his partner, Simon Halls.

Up next for Matt, playing Darren Criss' brother on Glee  in April. And rumor is they will belting out some Duran Duran together. We can't wait to see that!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/13/matt-bomer-comes-out-gay-thanks-partner_n_1272997.html

Matt Bomer Comes Out As Gay:
'White Collar' Actor Thanks Partner
Simon Halls, Kids
At Awards Ceremony

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpXHJFVnW8Q&feature[/youtube]

Having been the subject of tabloid and blogosphere rumors for some time, Matt Bomer has finally gone public about his sexuality, thanking his partner in an acceptance speech over the weekend.

As Towleroad is reporting, the "White Collar" hunk came out during Saturday's Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, where he received the New Generation Arts and Activism Award for his work in the fight against HIV/AIDS. Upon accepting the award, he thanked his partner Simon Halls and his three children.

"I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family: Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry," he told the crowd. "Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment."

Bomer, 34, has previously declined to comment on rumors about his love life. "I don't care about that at all," he told Details  in 2010. "I'm completely happy and fulfilled in my personal life."

Halls is known in Hollywood circles as a power publicist.

Of course, Bomer has never lacked for gay appeal. Not only will he soon be seen alongside Mark Ruffalo and Alec Baldwin in the film adaptation of Larry Kramer's HIV/AIDS drama "The Normal Heart," but the actor is also slated to play the older brother of gay character Blaine Anderson (Darren Criss) on the hit TV series "Glee."  In addition, he recently starred in the Broadway reading of Dustin Lance Black's play "8," about California's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

http://www.okmagazine.com/photos/hot-shots/white-collar-star-matt-bomer-gives-fans-thrill-apple-store?page=3

'White Collar' Star Matt Bomer
Gives Fans a Thrill at the
SoHo Apple Store

By Rana Meyer

Matt Bomer does a Q&A at the Apple Store in NYC's Soho on Jan. 16.

White Collar  hunk Matt Bomer gave his fans a thrill at the Apple Store in NYC's Soho yesterday.

The hottie sat down and answered questions from his fans about his hit show on the USA Network, where he plays con-man Neil Cafferty.

Wearing sexy black-rimmed glasses and a blue sweater, Matt was chill and relaxed as he participated in a Q&A with the fans.

Matt will next appear in the upcoming stripper movie, Magic Mike, with Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum. His co-star in the film Olivia Munn told New York magazine, "Matt Bomer can shake it, probably better than most people in the world."

We can't wait to see that!

"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
OK, on Valentine's Day I really needed to see a story about yet another happily married gorgeous gay celebrity. ...

>:(

;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!

OK, on Valentine's Day I really needed to see a story about yet another happily married gorgeous gay celebrity. ...

>:(

;)  ;D

Ok, how about....

yet another happily married gorgeous gay celebrity shirtless ??   :o ::)

;D :laugh:

Also posted in The Culture Tent thread, Magic Mike Trailer: Channing Tatum's Male Stripper Movie is Finally Here:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,49865.msg630366/topicseen.html#msg630366

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:15:37 am by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/01/12/matt-bomer-magic-mike-photos/

'Magic Mike':
Matt Bomer on 'feeling kind of naked all the time'
-- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS

by Adam B. Vary

Like listening to Adele’s 21  and reruns of Downton Abbey,  there can never be too many updates about Steven Soderbergh’s male stripper movie Magic Mike. EW  has two new exclusive images from the film, out June 29, and when we caught up with costar Matt Bomer on the red carpet at last night’s People’s Choice Awards, we couldn’t help but ask about how he prepared, literally, to show off so much skin. Check out our interview with Bomer, along with the full image of Bomer with costars Adam Rodriguez and Channing Tatum, and an exclusive shot of Tatum and costar Alex Pettyfer, below.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: We’ve got to talk about playing a stripper in Magic Mike.
MATT BOMER: Exotic dancer. We have pride. [Smiles ]

You had to get waxed, right? Did it hurt?
Yes and yes.

Have you waxed before?
I had never been waxed before. I did have to get partially waxed. I’m not a very hairy individual to begin with, but it was painful. But more than that, the pain didn’t bother me so much, it was more the feeling of feeling kind of prepubescent again, walking around with no hair on your legs, in jeans, feeling kind of naked all the time, that was odd.

Did it grow back okay?
Actually, the regrowth process was really s—-y — itchy, uncomfortable. I have a newfound appreciation for women, between the waxing, self-tanning, the constant gym time; I have a whole new profound respect for women and what they go through.

Other than that, you enjoyed yourself?
It’s Steven Soderbergh. Yeah, we had a really good time. I know Tim [DeKay, his White Collar costar] is going to tease me about a few moments in the film. I’m looking forward to seeing just what I get teased about the most.

Also posted in The Culture Tent  thread, Magic Mike Trailer: Channing Tatum's Male Stripper Movie is Finally Here:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,49865.msg630365/topicseen.html#msg630365

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:14:41 am by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"

Ok, how about....

yet another happily married gorgeous gay celebrity shirtless ??   :o ::)

;D :laugh:

Now, that's just mean. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.