Author Topic: Sending Up a Prayer  (Read 20061 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Sending Up a Prayer
« on: February 21, 2012, 02:54:43 am »

Oh dear, I came here looking for the place to post a query for good thoughts.  My daughter in law, is in the final stages of MS.  She is on and off the tubes.  Her directive is in place.  The problem is that her brain is still fully functional.  She is totally helpless, to do anything at all for herself.  She is only 36 years old.  She is dying inch by inch.  I can't say how awful it is.  Just debilitation for all of us that know and love her.  My dear son, is a very low key, aw shucks kiind of guy.  But he is truly remarkable to me at this time.  I love them so.
    In short, I was just wishing for all of you, that care to do so.  Keep them, (particularly her,) in your thoughts and prayers.  According to your own persuasion.  It will be gratefully accepted. 
                                                          Thank you so much Janice

I am so upset, at coming here and finding that the last of the thread, was when Richard passed.  I can hardly let myself speak of it yet.  Just saying for those that get this message, and feel that loss as I do.  I am sorry for reopening that wound.  I didn't know that would happen...Sorry

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Sending Up a Prayer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:31:56 am »
I'm confused by what you mean Janice?

I wish your daughter in law the best though.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Sending Up a Prayer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:04 am »
I think that what Janice is saying is that by posting about her daugther-in-law here, she may be reopening wounds for those who were close to Rich by bumping up his grieving thread.

Either way, Janice, I'm sorry you and your family are feeling this pain, and I'm keeping your daughter-in-law and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers.  May God be with her.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Sending Up a Prayer, for Janice's family
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 04:06:43 pm »
   Oh dear, I came here looking for the place to post a query for good thoughts.  My daughter in law, is in the final stages of MS.  She is on and off the tubes.  Her directive is in place.  The problem is that her brain is still fully functional.  She is totally helpless, to do anything at all for herself.  She is only 36 years old.  She is dying inch by inch.  I can't say how awful it is.  Just debilitation for all of us that know and love her.  My dear son, is a very low key, aw shucks kiind of guy.  But he is truly remarkable to me at this time.  I love them so.
    In short, I was just wishing for all of you, that care to do so.  Keep them, (particularly her,) in your thoughts and prayers.  According to your own persuasion.  It will be gratefully accepted. 
                                                          Thank you so much Janice

Welcome to “Sending Up A Prayer"
Here is a place for Janice and all of us to come make requests for good thoughts and/or prayers for situations in their lives, or the lives of those close to them, as our friend Scott wrote long ago.  You can be as specific as you feel comfortable with.  You don’t even need to post a request.

This forum thread is one of our “sacred spaces” so please be sensitive in the choice of words, and treat people with extra respect.   Thank you, Lee
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Sending Up a Prayer
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 04:25:12 pm »
For Janice and her family:

(One of my favorites from the Book of Common Prayer; I pray it nightly)

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night,
and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, sooth
the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous;
and all for your love's sake. Amen.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 04:38:55 pm »

Thank you friend Lee.  I really think that we needed to resurface this kind of thread.  I could not find the original one, unfortunately.  It was
used quite a lot, if I remember rightly.?  I think that the use of it should be for anyoneone that has need of such a site.  Very grateful for
your concern.  We try not to bring attention to her or ourselves at this time, but it does help to have the good wishes of others.
    I try to be a support system for my son, and her daughter.  You in turn will be my support.  We really have no idea how long it is going to
be.  It is day to day, minute to minute.  The last couple of days have been quite good, under the circumstances.  But a couple of days before that, they were going to send her home, and she had an emergency come up, and had to be placed into ICU.  They had to have tubes etc inserted, and emergency care for her.  The Doctors were very worried when removing the tubes, that she may not survive it.  She did however do alright.  But my son was understandably needing me there for him afterward.  They probably won't replace the tubes, if she needs them again.  There was a DNR directive made, and amended so that is the way the outcome will be handled.  She had basically died, at home, before this last thing happened, and her grandmother intervened, and made them revive her.  It is a trouble that comes up, when the two families do not really agree with the way for it to be handled.  Now "she" has made the decision herself.  Hopefully there will not be any more conflict.  Of course barring a court order to change it.  God I hope they don't go there.

I will put up brief notes here and keep everyone informed to the goings on.  Not daily, but whenever there is something truly new.

Beautiful mind

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:07:06 pm »
I will pray for your daughter in law   that she will be at peace.   

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:23:00 pm »
(((Janice)))

Sending good thoughts out to your daughter in law, to you and your family.
I hope with you there will be no further conflict between the familes at least. What horrible thing to deal with, on top of everything.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 05:24:28 pm »
For Janice and her family:

(One of my favorites from the Book of Common Prayer; I pray it nightly)

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night,
and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, sooth
the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous;
and all for your love's sake. Amen.

(Mostly) I'm not the praying kind. But I like this. A lot.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »
So sorry to hear this terrible news, Janice. So unfair. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 06:17:04 pm »
Thinking of you Janice.

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 07:08:03 pm »
Janice I am sending out all my positive healing energy into the universe for you and yours. My heart is yours.

O0

Heathen

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »
My heart is yours.

What a beautiful thought!  :D

:-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 08:08:59 pm »
((((Janice and family)))

My thought are with y'all.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 09:29:31 pm »

Thanks to everyone's beautiful sentiments.  We have tried to prepare ourselves for this end.  It has been 17 years coming to this point.
But as you all know, i'm sure.  There truly is no real preparation for something like this. 
    I do thank you all for the loving support that you are sending.  I really do appreciated it, and will relay the blessings that you have all sent.

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 07:36:32 am »
My good friend had a little boy at 35 weeks on Sunday. They knew he had a heart defect as this was picked up in the 20 week scan but they thought they would be able to operate.

All seemed fine and he was stable but in icu, but they’ve done some tests and the heart defect is accompanied with a severe syndrome and he won’t survive. They have to decide when to switch of the machines he’s currently on to let him die. Feel so bad for her. And slightly guilty knowing mine is so far healthy, which I know is stupid but still. Her little girl was so excited when I saw her last week – she was telling me that the baby was hiding in mummy’s tummy…. How do you explain that to a 2 year old?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 09:28:43 am »
Oh God, how awful.  Sending prayers for them.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 11:00:07 am »
I'm sending healing thoughts for the little soul and his parents, for you too.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 01:48:48 pm »
How horrible, Kelda. :(
Sending healing thoughts towards your friend.

I certainly understand your awkward, almost guilty feelings. (Kelda) :-*

As for what to tell a 2 year old? I can't imagine how hard this must be for the parents, on top of their own grief.
But I know that I always took refuge in telling my children about angels in such cases when they were small. No matter whether one self actually believes in a God or angels or whatever, I think there are situations in which children need the comfort of an afterlife and/or of a loving god/angels.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 02:24:15 pm »
Thanks all.

How horrible, Kelda. :(
Sending healing thoughts towards your friend.

I certainly understand your awkward, almost guilty feelings. (Kelda) :-*

As for what to tell a 2 year old? I can't imagine how hard this must be for the parents, on top of their own grief.
But I know that I always took refuge in telling my children about angels in such cases when they were small. No matter whether one self actually believes in a God or angels or whatever, I think there are situations in which children need the comfort of an afterlife and/or of a loving god/angels.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »
How absolutely horrible, Kelda.

I can't think of anything worse for a parent, than have to make a decision to let your child die, regardless of a lethal syndrome.  :'(

And what an awkward situation for you, trying to support her, whith your own growing belly.  :-\

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 05:31:57 pm »
My good friend had a little boy at 35 weeks on Sunday. They knew he had a heart defect as this was picked up in the 20 week scan but they thought they would be able to operate.

All seemed fine and he was stable but in icu, but they’ve done some tests and the heart defect is accompanied with a severe syndrome and he won’t survive. They have to decide when to switch of the machines he’s currently on to let him die. Feel so bad for her. And slightly guilty knowing mine is so far healthy, which I know is stupid but still. Her little girl was so excited when I saw her last week – she was telling me that the baby was hiding in mummy’s tummy…. How do you explain that to a 2 year old?

______________________________________________________________________________________

kelda:  I am so sorry for the devastation that the birth is bringing.  I am going to be thinking of your friend.  I am keep that family in my thoughts.
I hope that they are able to come to terms with it.  I do not know how you can approach the subject with a little child.  I think for those that have
faith in their life, that would be a great comfort for that child.  By telling them, that they have to go be with god, or Jesus, whatever the persuasion.  Children are very likely to understand, when told that they are needed that way.  It will still be hard, but not as devastating.  I hope they find a way to relay the terrible news to her.

As for your feelings of guilt.  I can somewhat understand that.  However you should try not to dwell on it too much.  Your main focus should be on your own baby.  I totally believe that the mindset of the mother, during pregnancy, is very influential on the unborn child.  Too much negativity is going to give them the bad mix of hormones, in the system.  Don't mean to say what you should do during your pregnancy, but just an opinion that I have.  Be joyful, and rejoice that your child is healthy and well.  Maybe then you can give them more support, coming from a good place.

All my love to you, dear..

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:52:41 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 07:19:09 am »
Thanks Sason and Janice. xx

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »
So sorry to hear about your friend, Kelda. All the hugs in the world to you both.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 06:41:01 am »
My friend's little boy passed away yesterday. They took him away from the beeping machines and into a private family room, where they read grufallo to him.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 07:32:09 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 08:31:28 am »
 :'(
Peace to the little one and his parents.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:44 pm »

{{{{{{{{{ Love to all who loved him }}}}}}}}}}}}   

:'(   

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 07:44:37 pm »

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 08:54:14 pm »

My friend's little boy passed away yesterday. They took him away from the beeping machines and into a private family room, where they read grufallo to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gruffalo

The Gruffalo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Gruffalo  is a children's book by writer and playwright Julia Donaldson, illustrated by Axel Scheffler, that tells the story of a mouse's walk in the woods. The book has sold over 10.5 million copies, has won several prizes for children's literature, and has been developed into plays on both the West End and Broadway.

(....)

The protagonist of The Gruffalo  is a mouse. The story of the mouse's walk through the woods unfolds in two phases; in both, the mouse uses cunning to evade danger.

On his way the mouse encounters several dangerous animals (a fox, an owl, and a snake). Each of these animals, clearly intending to eat the mouse, invites him back to their home for a meal. The cunning mouse declines each offer. To dissuade further advances, he tells each animal that he has plans to dine with his friend, a gruffalo, whose favourite food happens to be the relevant animal, and describes the features of the gruffalo's monstrous anatomy. Frightened that the gruffalo might eat it, each animal flees. Knowing the gruffalo to be fictional, the mouse gloats thus:

Silly old fox/owl/snake, doesn't he know?
there's no such thing as a gruffalo!

After being quit of the last animal, the mouse is shocked to encounter a real gruffalo – with all the frightening features the mouse thought that he was inventing. The gruffalo threatens to eat the mouse, but again the mouse is cunning: he tells the gruffalo that he, the mouse, is the scariest animal in the forest. Laughing, the gruffalo agrees to follow the mouse as he demonstrates how feared he is. The two walk through the forest, encountering in turn the animals that had earlier menaced the mouse. Each is terrified by the sight of the pair and runs off – and each time the gruffalo becomes more impressed with the mouse's apparent toughness. Exploiting this, the mouse threatens to eat the gruffalo, which flees.

The story is based on a traditional Chinese folk tale of a fox that borrows the terror of a tiger. Donaldson was unable to think of rhymes for "tiger" so invented one for "know" instead

(....)

The Gruffalo  has sold over 3.5 million copies in 31 editions worldwide. Translations include Dutch (De Gruffalo ), Estonian (Grühvel ), French (Gruffalo ), German (Der Grüffelo ), Hebrew (Trofoti ), Irish, Italian (A spasso col mostro ), Lithuanian (Grufas ), Polish, Russian (Груффало ), Slovene (Zverjasec ), Spanish (El Grúfalo ), Scottish Gaelic, Swedish (Gruffalon ), Turkish (Tostoraman ), and Welsh (Y Gryffalo ).

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_kGVjH8_Yg[/youtube]
Uploaded by edandakke on Feb 23, 2007

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 09:26:34 pm »
Bless their hearts.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 11:47:44 am »