Author Topic: Sending Up a Prayer  (Read 19855 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Sending Up a Prayer
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 05:16:36 pm »
How absolutely horrible, Kelda.

I can't think of anything worse for a parent, than have to make a decision to let your child die, regardless of a lethal syndrome.  :'(

And what an awkward situation for you, trying to support her, whith your own growing belly.  :-\

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 05:31:57 pm »
My good friend had a little boy at 35 weeks on Sunday. They knew he had a heart defect as this was picked up in the 20 week scan but they thought they would be able to operate.

All seemed fine and he was stable but in icu, but they’ve done some tests and the heart defect is accompanied with a severe syndrome and he won’t survive. They have to decide when to switch of the machines he’s currently on to let him die. Feel so bad for her. And slightly guilty knowing mine is so far healthy, which I know is stupid but still. Her little girl was so excited when I saw her last week – she was telling me that the baby was hiding in mummy’s tummy…. How do you explain that to a 2 year old?

______________________________________________________________________________________

kelda:  I am so sorry for the devastation that the birth is bringing.  I am going to be thinking of your friend.  I am keep that family in my thoughts.
I hope that they are able to come to terms with it.  I do not know how you can approach the subject with a little child.  I think for those that have
faith in their life, that would be a great comfort for that child.  By telling them, that they have to go be with god, or Jesus, whatever the persuasion.  Children are very likely to understand, when told that they are needed that way.  It will still be hard, but not as devastating.  I hope they find a way to relay the terrible news to her.

As for your feelings of guilt.  I can somewhat understand that.  However you should try not to dwell on it too much.  Your main focus should be on your own baby.  I totally believe that the mindset of the mother, during pregnancy, is very influential on the unborn child.  Too much negativity is going to give them the bad mix of hormones, in the system.  Don't mean to say what you should do during your pregnancy, but just an opinion that I have.  Be joyful, and rejoice that your child is healthy and well.  Maybe then you can give them more support, coming from a good place.

All my love to you, dear..

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:52:41 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 07:19:09 am »
Thanks Sason and Janice. xx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »
So sorry to hear about your friend, Kelda. All the hugs in the world to you both.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 06:41:01 am »
My friend's little boy passed away yesterday. They took him away from the beeping machines and into a private family room, where they read grufallo to him.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 07:32:09 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 08:31:28 am »
 :'(
Peace to the little one and his parents.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:44 pm »

{{{{{{{{{ Love to all who loved him }}}}}}}}}}}}   

:'(   

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 07:44:37 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 08:54:14 pm »

My friend's little boy passed away yesterday. They took him away from the beeping machines and into a private family room, where they read grufallo to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gruffalo

The Gruffalo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Gruffalo  is a children's book by writer and playwright Julia Donaldson, illustrated by Axel Scheffler, that tells the story of a mouse's walk in the woods. The book has sold over 10.5 million copies, has won several prizes for children's literature, and has been developed into plays on both the West End and Broadway.

(....)

The protagonist of The Gruffalo  is a mouse. The story of the mouse's walk through the woods unfolds in two phases; in both, the mouse uses cunning to evade danger.

On his way the mouse encounters several dangerous animals (a fox, an owl, and a snake). Each of these animals, clearly intending to eat the mouse, invites him back to their home for a meal. The cunning mouse declines each offer. To dissuade further advances, he tells each animal that he has plans to dine with his friend, a gruffalo, whose favourite food happens to be the relevant animal, and describes the features of the gruffalo's monstrous anatomy. Frightened that the gruffalo might eat it, each animal flees. Knowing the gruffalo to be fictional, the mouse gloats thus:

Silly old fox/owl/snake, doesn't he know?
there's no such thing as a gruffalo!

After being quit of the last animal, the mouse is shocked to encounter a real gruffalo – with all the frightening features the mouse thought that he was inventing. The gruffalo threatens to eat the mouse, but again the mouse is cunning: he tells the gruffalo that he, the mouse, is the scariest animal in the forest. Laughing, the gruffalo agrees to follow the mouse as he demonstrates how feared he is. The two walk through the forest, encountering in turn the animals that had earlier menaced the mouse. Each is terrified by the sight of the pair and runs off – and each time the gruffalo becomes more impressed with the mouse's apparent toughness. Exploiting this, the mouse threatens to eat the gruffalo, which flees.

The story is based on a traditional Chinese folk tale of a fox that borrows the terror of a tiger. Donaldson was unable to think of rhymes for "tiger" so invented one for "know" instead

(....)

The Gruffalo  has sold over 3.5 million copies in 31 editions worldwide. Translations include Dutch (De Gruffalo ), Estonian (Grühvel ), French (Gruffalo ), German (Der Grüffelo ), Hebrew (Trofoti ), Irish, Italian (A spasso col mostro ), Lithuanian (Grufas ), Polish, Russian (Груффало ), Slovene (Zverjasec ), Spanish (El Grúfalo ), Scottish Gaelic, Swedish (Gruffalon ), Turkish (Tostoraman ), and Welsh (Y Gryffalo ).

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_kGVjH8_Yg[/youtube]
Uploaded by edandakke on Feb 23, 2007

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"