Author Topic: Sending Up a Prayer  (Read 19851 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Sending Up a Prayer
« on: February 21, 2012, 02:54:43 am »

Oh dear, I came here looking for the place to post a query for good thoughts.  My daughter in law, is in the final stages of MS.  She is on and off the tubes.  Her directive is in place.  The problem is that her brain is still fully functional.  She is totally helpless, to do anything at all for herself.  She is only 36 years old.  She is dying inch by inch.  I can't say how awful it is.  Just debilitation for all of us that know and love her.  My dear son, is a very low key, aw shucks kiind of guy.  But he is truly remarkable to me at this time.  I love them so.
    In short, I was just wishing for all of you, that care to do so.  Keep them, (particularly her,) in your thoughts and prayers.  According to your own persuasion.  It will be gratefully accepted. 
                                                          Thank you so much Janice

I am so upset, at coming here and finding that the last of the thread, was when Richard passed.  I can hardly let myself speak of it yet.  Just saying for those that get this message, and feel that loss as I do.  I am sorry for reopening that wound.  I didn't know that would happen...Sorry

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Sending Up a Prayer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:31:56 am »
I'm confused by what you mean Janice?

I wish your daughter in law the best though.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Sending Up a Prayer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:04 am »
I think that what Janice is saying is that by posting about her daugther-in-law here, she may be reopening wounds for those who were close to Rich by bumping up his grieving thread.

Either way, Janice, I'm sorry you and your family are feeling this pain, and I'm keeping your daughter-in-law and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers.  May God be with her.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Sending Up a Prayer, for Janice's family
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 04:06:43 pm »
   Oh dear, I came here looking for the place to post a query for good thoughts.  My daughter in law, is in the final stages of MS.  She is on and off the tubes.  Her directive is in place.  The problem is that her brain is still fully functional.  She is totally helpless, to do anything at all for herself.  She is only 36 years old.  She is dying inch by inch.  I can't say how awful it is.  Just debilitation for all of us that know and love her.  My dear son, is a very low key, aw shucks kiind of guy.  But he is truly remarkable to me at this time.  I love them so.
    In short, I was just wishing for all of you, that care to do so.  Keep them, (particularly her,) in your thoughts and prayers.  According to your own persuasion.  It will be gratefully accepted. 
                                                          Thank you so much Janice

Welcome to “Sending Up A Prayer"
Here is a place for Janice and all of us to come make requests for good thoughts and/or prayers for situations in their lives, or the lives of those close to them, as our friend Scott wrote long ago.  You can be as specific as you feel comfortable with.  You don’t even need to post a request.

This forum thread is one of our “sacred spaces” so please be sensitive in the choice of words, and treat people with extra respect.   Thank you, Lee
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Sending Up a Prayer
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 04:25:12 pm »
For Janice and her family:

(One of my favorites from the Book of Common Prayer; I pray it nightly)

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night,
and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, sooth
the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous;
and all for your love's sake. Amen.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 04:38:55 pm »

Thank you friend Lee.  I really think that we needed to resurface this kind of thread.  I could not find the original one, unfortunately.  It was
used quite a lot, if I remember rightly.?  I think that the use of it should be for anyoneone that has need of such a site.  Very grateful for
your concern.  We try not to bring attention to her or ourselves at this time, but it does help to have the good wishes of others.
    I try to be a support system for my son, and her daughter.  You in turn will be my support.  We really have no idea how long it is going to
be.  It is day to day, minute to minute.  The last couple of days have been quite good, under the circumstances.  But a couple of days before that, they were going to send her home, and she had an emergency come up, and had to be placed into ICU.  They had to have tubes etc inserted, and emergency care for her.  The Doctors were very worried when removing the tubes, that she may not survive it.  She did however do alright.  But my son was understandably needing me there for him afterward.  They probably won't replace the tubes, if she needs them again.  There was a DNR directive made, and amended so that is the way the outcome will be handled.  She had basically died, at home, before this last thing happened, and her grandmother intervened, and made them revive her.  It is a trouble that comes up, when the two families do not really agree with the way for it to be handled.  Now "she" has made the decision herself.  Hopefully there will not be any more conflict.  Of course barring a court order to change it.  God I hope they don't go there.

I will put up brief notes here and keep everyone informed to the goings on.  Not daily, but whenever there is something truly new.

Beautiful mind

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:07:06 pm »
I will pray for your daughter in law   that she will be at peace.   

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:23:00 pm »
(((Janice)))

Sending good thoughts out to your daughter in law, to you and your family.
I hope with you there will be no further conflict between the familes at least. What horrible thing to deal with, on top of everything.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 05:24:28 pm »
For Janice and her family:

(One of my favorites from the Book of Common Prayer; I pray it nightly)

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night,
and give your angels charge over those who sleep.
Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, sooth
the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous;
and all for your love's sake. Amen.

(Mostly) I'm not the praying kind. But I like this. A lot.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »
So sorry to hear this terrible news, Janice. So unfair. My thoughts are with you and your family.