Author Topic: Ranchmans Set on Fire!  (Read 11523 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Ranchmans Set on Fire!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 07:03:06 am »
    Someone correct me if I am wrong here.  Mandy, --i think that is the site of the bar, where Jack had the talk with the bartender, and the rodeo clown, in the movie.  I think that all the people that went to the Alberta meet, met there, for a get together.  And some of them even rode one of those mechanical bulls..There are photos here somewhere...

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 07:41:54 am »
Hiya Janice & Mandy.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Ranchman's is the location where they filmed the "What are you waitin' for cowboy, a matin' call?" scene.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 11:42:13 am »
    Someone correct me if I am wrong here.  Mandy, --i think that is the site of the bar, where Jack had the talk with the bartender, and the rodeo clown, in the movie.  I think that all the people that went to the Alberta meet, met there, for a get together.  And some of them even rode one of those mechanical bulls..There are photos here somewhere...

Yes, this is where Jack and Lureen met, but the scene with Jimbo the rodeo clown was filmed at another bar called the King Eddie, it was in an old hotel "The King Edward" which later closed but I heard it was being redone and was going to reopen.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 11:53:54 am »
Groovy, thanks for the answers and trivia, gang.  I'll look at the background more closely (as opposed to Jack's piercing eyes) at my next viewing.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...