Author Topic: Magic Mike Trailer: Channing Tatum's Male Stripper Movie is Finally Here!  (Read 61867 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
going to see this in Laramie tonight!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
Ouch....let´s just say that I don´t think they picked actors based on their acting skills.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them

:P ;D :P :-* :laugh:

have a great one!

hope the cinema has a lot of folks.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
T minus 4 hours, 26 minutes for me.  Can't wait.

~~~

Magic Mike stars' hair removal woes

Friday, 29 June 2012

Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum didn't enjoy being waxed for their movie

Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey and Alex Pettyfer claim removing their body hair was the worst part of playing male strippers.

The hunky actors all star in Steven Soderbergh's new film, Magic Mike, about the dark side of male stripping, and didn't find being naked on stage in front of a room full of screaming women the worst part.

Alex, 22, said: "Oh my god, I don't know how women shave," adding that his skin was irritated for weeks.

Matthew and Channing opted for a chest wax.

"I don't know what movie could make me do that again," Channing said.

"One time is enough for me," echoed Matthew.

British actor Alex also had wardrobe issues.

"I don't know how you wear a thong. It's one of the most uncomfortable things in the world," he said.

True Blood's Joe Manganiello, who also stars in the film, claimed: "Anything a man does in a thong is funny."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/magic-mike-stars-hair-removal-woes-16179056.html#ixzz1zHGlAPpu
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

Ouch....let´s just say that I don´t think they picked actors based on their acting skills.

:laugh:

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"

Fortunately, it's playing at a theater that's within easy walking distance of my place. I may see it tomorrow afternoon, or, if not then, Wednesday--might be an interesting way to observe the Fourth of July!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
Saw it last night. Loved it. Seriously, not like it's BBM or anything, but it's been a long time since I've seen a movie for which I felt unqualified approval.

Well, maybe a tiny bit qualified. Frankly, a couple of the main characters are slightly blah for my taste. And the plot wasn't exactly full of non-stop-edge-of-your-seat thrills.

But I was pleasantly surprised by Channing Tatum. And Matthew McConaughey was fantastic. Picture Joel Grey in Cabaret, except exposing much more skin and looking and acting like a caricature of Matthew McConaughey.

I saw it with an opening-night audience of mostly women -- who, hilariously, reacted to what was happening onscreen only a notch or two below the reactions of the onscreen strip-club audiences. For example, early in the film when Channing Tatum gets out of bed and walks away to the bathroom ... Whoooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Visually, there's not much to complain about in this movie.  ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator

The Luckiest
Magic Mike  Extra
Ever

Click and See:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was scrolling down the page and saw the headline and before I even got to the picture, I knew just who it would be.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
Saw it last night. Loved it. Seriously, not like it's BBM or anything, but it's been a long time since I've seen a movie for which I felt unqualified approval.

Well, maybe a tiny bit qualified. Frankly, a couple of the main characters are slightly blah for my taste. And the plot wasn't exactly full of non-stop-edge-of-your-seat thrills.

But I was pleasantly surprised by Channing Tatum. And Matthew McConaughey was fantastic. Picture Joel Grey in Cabaret, except exposing much more skin and looking and acting like a caricature of Matthew McConaughey.

I saw it with an opening-night audience of mostly women -- who, hilariously, reacted to what was happening onscreen only a notch or two below the reactions of the onscreen strip-club audiences. For example, early in the film when Channing Tatum gets out of bed and walks away to the bathroom ... Whoooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Visually, there's not much to complain about in this movie.  ;D

wow, you had quite a different experience from me. I actually cringed in my seat the actors were so bad (Matthew being the exception) and would have left the theatre wouldn´t I have had to climb over 20 teenage girls to get out ;D

But it did made me want to watch The Full Monty again :D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
I was pleasantly surprised by Channing Tatum.

I understand he really can dance (I guess now we know how come ... ). I think one of his earliest movies had something to do with dancing?  ???

Glad to have your take on the movie, Katherine.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.