Author Topic: Magic Mike Trailer: Channing Tatum's Male Stripper Movie is Finally Here!  (Read 61883 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
To the best of my knowledge, Matt Bomer was the only gay actor in the cast of principals; add to that, "out-partnered-and-raising-kids." Yet his character was the only one who was married. As in, "to a woman."  ;D

Well, that is what "married" means.

In Massachusetts, New York, and Iowa, not necessarily.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-ted-magic-mike-channing-tatum-seth-macfarlane-tyler-perry-343953?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2Fnews+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories%29

Box Office Report:
'Ted' Earns Record $54.1 Mil;
'Magic Mike' Sizzles With $39.2 Mil

Both films wildly overperform, while Tyler Perry's "Madea's Witness Protection"
also pleases with $26.4 million; overseas, "Ice Age: Continental Drift," "Amazing
Spider-Man" and "Ted" begin rolling out to big numbers.

by Pamela McClintock
8:51 AM PDT 7/1/2012

Smashing records and setting off early holiday fireworks, Seth MacFarlane's Ted  debuted to a massive $54.1 million at the domestic box office -- the best showing ever for an original R-rated comedy.

It wasn't the only R-rated winner of the weekend. Steven Soderbergh's male striptease dramedy Magic Mike  likewise overperformed in a big way, grossing $39.2 million. It's the first time in history that two R-rated movies opened north of $20 million on the same weekend.

(....)

Magic Mike  -- confirming Channing Tatum's rising star status and loosely based on his early days as a stripper -- also has plenty of reason to celebrate. The Warner Bros. pic generated intense interest among females, who made up a whopping 73 percent of the audience. Women of all ages turned out, with 43 percent of the audience over the age of 35.

The Magic Mike  cast also includes Matthew McConaughey and Alex Pettyfer. Warners acquired North American rights to the film for $7 million.

"This is a win-win for all of us, and Steven Soderbergh hit it out of the park," Warners president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman said.

Magic Mike  earned a B CinemaScore.

Coming in No. 3 at the domestic box office was Brave,  which fell 48.7 percent in its second frame -- some box-office observers say moms were otherwise occupied with Magic Mike  -- to $34 million for a 10-day domestic cume of $131.7 million.

(....)

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!

http://www.vulture.com/2012/07/why-channing-tatum-wore-a-marilyn-monroe-costume.html

Why
Did Channing Tatum Wear
a Marilyn Monroe Costume in
Magic Mike ?

By Kyle Buchanan
Today at 12:00 PM

In a film filled with outrageous costumes, one scene in Magic Mike  still manages to stand out for its sheer non sequitur weirdness: when Channing Tatum shows up to Alex Pettyfer's apartment dressed like Marilyn Monroe. Why? "That to this day still puzzles me," admits the film's costume designer, Christopher Pearson. "That was an idea of Channing's, and I just said 'Okay.' It’s something to do with the red, white, and blue, and rah-rah America. I just thought if Channing wants to get into a white Marilyn dress, rock it out. I want to see that, too."

Fair enough!

Also see:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/01/magic-mike-costume-designer-channing-tatum/#more-75532

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
I remember thinking, while I was watching the movie in the theater yesterday, "What's Marilyn Monroe got to do with the Fourth of July?"  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident

Quote from: Jeff Wrangler on Yesterday at 10:11:47 pm
To the best of my knowledge, Matt Bomer was the only gay actor in the cast of principals; add to that, "out-partnered-and-raising-kids." Yet his character was the only one who was married. As in, "to a woman."  Grin

Quote from: milomorris on Yesterday at 11:10:04 pm
Well, that is what "married" means.

Jeff Wrangler: In Massachusetts, New York, and Iowa, not necessarily.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nor, I would like to add, in the whole of Canada.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.

Nor, I would like to add, in the whole of Canada.

Amen!! Happy Canada Day, everyone!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
just returned from seeing the movie-not lamenting the $5.50 price but full price would have taxed me just a bit. Channing Tatum is a fabulous dancer and it was worth it just to see him. I might be just a touch of a fan now even though I went to see Matt Bomar and Joe Manganiello. The poor girl next to me just about lost her damn mind every time Channing flexed.

Heathen

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
just returned from seeing the movie-not lamenting the $5.50 price but full price would have taxed me just a bit. Channing Tatum is a fabulous dancer and it was worth it just to see him. I might be just a touch of a fan now even though I went to see Matt Bomar and Joe Manganiello. The poor girl next to me just about lost her damn mind every time Channing flexed.

I agree. He's amazing.

Offline Mandy21

Dances like a 17-year-old, but knows what he's doin'  ;) like the 32-year-old that he is.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

Pettyfer: I want to be like Newman

Thursday, 5 July 2012

Alex Pettyfer said Paul Newman is one of his role models

Alex Pettyfer has revealed he would love to emulate Paul Newman's career.

The British actor said the late star, who combined acting with directing and political activism, was his biggest role model - aside from his dad.

The 22-year-old told Men's Health: "I love that (Newman) is a great role model and a humanitarian. I admire people who don't necessarily want to change the world, but try to make it a better environment."

Alex - who is engaged to Elvis Presley's granddaughter, model Riley Keough - added: "I'm very ambitious. I live in reality but I have dreams I want to fulfil.

"I want to be a director, and I've already started my own production company. But I also have a measure of success that I keep to myself. It's something very personal to me."

Alex also revealed he went too far when bulking up to play a stripper in new movie Magic Mike.

"I started off at 169 lbs and went up to 196 lbs. They told me I was too big, so in the end I had to take it back down to 185 lbs."

Next up for Alex is political drama The Butler, in which he stars alongside Liam Neeson, John Cusack and Nicole Kidman.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/pettyfer-i-want-to-be-like-newman-16181333.html#ixzz1zkn2dU3S
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...