Author Topic: My meandering mind.........  (Read 8274 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
My meandering mind.........
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:23:59 am »

Domenick Scuder
                                      Professor of Theater and Chair of the Theater and Dance department, Ursinus College

Article from the Huffington post.  My gay lifestyle....     very funny                 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/domenick-scudera/my-gay-lifestyle_b_1063570.html

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Re: My meandering mind.........
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:31:24 pm »
                                                Our beautiful Portland....come and see it...

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F2012%2F04%2F25%2Fnew-time-lapse-video-shows-best-of-portland_n_1452680.html&h=uAQFAw4n6

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 05:58:16 am »

Queen online for those who want to broaden their Queen horizons..
                                        via B side music.

http://www.queenonline.com/en/features/b-sides-fan-feature-adam-unger/   

There is no such thing anymore as B side songs.  But often times in the past
                                        the B sides would become a bigger hit, than the A side was.                           

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 01:32:07 pm »
   Mystery surrounding the death of a soldier.  He was Skyping with his wife, when he apparently slumped and she saw a buller hole in the wall behind him..

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SOLDIER_DEATH_SKYPE?SITE=AP&SEOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-05-06-13-01-24CTION=H

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48:36 pm »
           Just a few of the song covers by this 18 yr old singer.  He sings them in a totally new way.. check it out.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/17/the-best-cover-of-lmfaos-sexy-and-i-know-it-youll-see-ever/?iid=nf-article-latest               

Just when you thought you really didn’t want to hear “Sexy and I Know It” ever again as long as you lived, along comes a cover that changes your mind.

The video, recorded by 18-year-old singer-songwriter Noah Guthrie, has racked up a cool 5 million views just one week after he posted it to his YouTube channel. The South Carolina native often records covers of popular songs, but “this time it’s something a little different than what I usually do,” he explained in the video before launching into his bluesy, acoustic version of the inescapable dance hit. He said he’d secretly wanted to cover the club tune for a while and finally figured out how to arrange it. It’s a lot different from the original, he explains. And, we’d venture to say, maybe even better.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 02:16:21 pm »
          Well I have to say that Adam knocked everyones sox off last night.  Even Steven and Jennifer had gobsmacked looks on their faces.  I vow Jennifer will not make an offhanded statement, like earlier this year.  When she said, "I will say that was the best performance ever on Idol by any contestant.  It pissed me off at the time, because she had never seen all of the other contestants and was unqualified to make that judgment. " Besides I thought it terribly unprofessional of her to say that, given the job she was
supposed to be doing.  Basically crowining the guy the winner in the fourth or fifth week of competition.. I was dumbfounded..
           By the way, I thought that Lisa Marie Presley showed terrible judgment by appearing on a show, that is a showcase for
great or semi professional singers.  I personally think she is a terrible singer.  She has an ok voice for someone who sings in the shower, where the accoustics are profound.  However she has no volumn.  I have heard her on several occasions.  I am always sitting there sayin I wish I could turn up the volumn... I was absolutely embarressed for her.  Then to have to watch Adam follow her pitiful
job, and he was other worldly with his presentation.  Poor woman.  The only way she can do this is because of who she is, and the fact that there are Elvis fans out there who will gobble up anything that has to do with him  You tube is not wanting it to be presented, but once I put this up, i cant seem to delete it either.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src=

"
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 01:32:12 am »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 01:26:38 pm »

If you get a chance to do so, I have a favor to ask everyone that is willing to do it.  Please keep some positive thoughts in mind for my lovely little dog.  She is my constant companion.  We adopted her from the animal shelter, and we love heAr dearly.  I am sure she got there from her one and only fault.  She likes to go for walks by herself if she gets the chance.  She always comes back, when we can't go find her right away.  This time, she has been gone all night.  I walked the neighborhood searching and calling for her.  It was to no avail however.  she is super friendly, and sweet and cute.  So people automatically want to latch onto her if they see her.

She once got out of the motor home, when we didn't even know it.  We figured it out very quickly, and backtracked and found her.  She was already on a leash by a women and her two children..  We told them she belonged to us, and the lady brought her to us.  The little boy was broken hearted.  He just knew he had him a beautiful sweet dog..  I am trying to keep a good attitude about it, and believe we will get her back, but I am starting to get rather desperate at this time.  Its about all I can do, not to allow the tears to fall.

By the way she is a Llasa Apso, white with brown patches.  she has crooked front bottom teeth.  She is adorable.  We have to chop her food into very small pieces, or she just swallows them whole and then throws them up.  I know that if someone keeps her they will like her and love her, but they may not know enough about the eating issue, and she could choke.  If she doesn't find her way home.  I hope they take good care of her.  Thanks for listening to my sad story.. Didn't mean to be a downer.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 06:09:21 pm »
   A linc to a reading by chapter, of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin   They are in chapters on youtube.  Beautifully read.

Beautiful mind