Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (July 20 2012)  (Read 18330 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Dark Knight Rises (July 20 2012)
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 09:39:18 pm »

Nice man!  :) 8)

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/christian-bale-visiting-shooting-victims-in-colorado/

Christian Bale
Visiting 'Batman' Shooting
Victims in Colorado

2:30 PM PT -- One of the shooting victims, Carey Rottman, was so excited to meet Bale ... he posted a photo of the hospital visit to his Facebook page moments ago (above).

Rottman is recovering from a gunshot wound to the leg he suffered in the attack. 

"Dark Knight Rises" star Christian Bale is currently in Denver, CO ... visiting the victims and families of last week's movie theater shooting.

According to KDVR, Bale has been spotted at Aurora Medical Center ... where he reportedly arrived by ambulance around 2PM ... most likely to enter the building under the radar.

A rep for Warner Bros. released a statement saying, "Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers."

It's unclear when Bale arrived in Denver.

Bale's film was playing in the Century 16 theater in Aurora, CO when James Holmes opened fire on the crowd ... killing 12 people and injuring 58 others.

Bale has not made a public appearance since the incident.

Also posted in the Current Events thread, Breaking news - Shooting in Colorado at "Dark Knight" - 12 dead:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,50041.msg635496/topicseen.html#msg635496

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »
Mr. Bale is awesome for doing that.  Wouldn't it be lovely if some of the other actors followed suit?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »
Mr. Bale is awesome for doing that.  Wouldn't it be lovely if some of the other actors followed suit?

I agree. I think it was a wonderful thing for him to do.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 10:39:32 pm »

I agree. I think it was a wonderful thing for him to do.

Yes!!!

8) 8) 8)

"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 05:51:07 am »
That´s awesome.  :D :D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 11:31:15 am »
"Dark Knight Rises" star Christian Bale is currently in Denver, CO ... visiting the victims and families of last week's movie theater shooting.

It's been great seeing pics of Christian Bale visiting in Aurora.  It's at least some balm to the terrible wounds they've suffered.  It's the kind of thing I can see Heath doing in the same situation.  In fact, if he were still with us, I feel sure he'd be right there with Christian.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

Again, he didn't have to do it.

He is  a nice man!  :) 8)

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/christian-bale-visiting-shooting-victims-in-colorado/

Christian Bale
Visits Memorial Site For
Aurora Shooting Victims

Christian Bale, the movie star actor who plays Batman in "The Dark Knight" trilogy,
and his wife, Sibi Blazic, visit the memorial on Tuesday, July 24, 2012, near the
Century 16 Theater in Aurora where 12 people were killed and 58 wounded in a
mass shooting during a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises."  

Also posted in the Current Events thread, Breaking news - Shooting in Colorado at "Dark Knight" - 12 dead:
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,50041.msg635636/topicseen.html#msg635636

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 11:46:18 pm »

http://www.thesuperficial.com/christian-bale-colorado-victims-dark-knight-rises-shooting-07-2012

Christian Bale’s In Colorado
Visiting Shooting Victims,
Is Awesome

July 24th, 2012

Christian Bale was in the Denver metro area Tuesday to meet with victims of the Aurora
theater shooting. In this photo released by Swedish Medical Center in Englewood, Colorado,
via Twitter, Bale meets with Swedish staff members.

Also see: http://www.denverpost.com/theatershooting/ci_21147699/christian-bale-town-visiting-victims-shooting#724sf

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,50041.msg635638/topicseen.html#msg635638

"Camping Out"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 01:24:28 am »

I have recently checked into his background.  His home life so to speak.  Since he has been an actor in high profile movies for quite a good portion of his life.  His father seems to have been the type that is quite like Mel Gibson, and his father.  Therefor he has
learned that kind of behavior from him.  Thus his tyrade that was so publicized when he went off on the electrician onset of his movie.   They are raised without the proper guidance to how to handle their temper, and the results to those around them.

I having had a father like that myself, am not so uniquely qualified to see what happens from this type of a home life.  There are ususally two distinct results.  A child that has the same behavior, they have carried down from the parent.  Or they can go the opposite way.  They are totally introverted and shy.  No outward display of anger.  i had two brothers.  One went the former, and the other went the last.  Both from the same environment.  Two totally different people. 

In getting to the point.  I think he has gotten the reputation of being an asshole.  I think he is not that.  I think he has the inclinatiions for both of the directions of that kind of upbringing.  He can go off like a rocket if he reaches a breaking point.  However on the other hand he is extremely shy and introverted.  However he has a heart of gold.  He was constantly being held up by his wife in these displays of kindness he is showing to those victims.  She was very close at most of the times.  I think that was his ability to go out and join those people and be with them, because she helped him do so.

I think being the way he is.  He is even more remarkable and wonderful to do this.  It may well be the hardest thing he has ever done.  The definition of a hero is...not the absence of fear, and a huge display of bravado.  It is to do the brave thing in spite of the gross fears you have.  Ladies and Gentlemen.  I think he is a true hero.  He doesn't just play one on the movie screen..

Beautiful mind

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 06:45:34 am »
    I have recently checked into his background.  His home life so to speak.  Since he has been an actor in high profile movies for quite a good portion of his life.  His father seems to have been the type that is quite like Mel Gibson, and his father.  Therefor he has
learned that kind of behavior from him.  Thus his tyrade that was so publicized when he went off on the electrician onset of his movie.   They are raised without the proper guidance to how to handle their temper, and the results to those around them.

I having had a father like that myself, am not so uniquely qualified to see what happens from this type of a home life.  There are ususally two distinct results.  A child that has the same behavior, they have carried down from the parent.  Or they can go the opposite way.  They are totally introverted and shy.  No outward display of anger.  i had two brothers.  One went the former, and the other went the last.  Both from the same environment.  Two totally different people. 

In getting to the point.  I think he has gotten the reputation of being an asshole.  I think he is not that.  I think he has the inclinatiions for both of the directions of that kind of upbringing.  He can go off like a rocket if he reaches a breaking point.  However on the other hand he is extremely shy and introverted.  However he has a heart of gold.  He was constantly being held up by his wife in these displays of kindness he is showing to those victims.  She was very close at most of the times.  I think that was his ability to go out and join those people and be with them, because she helped him do so.

I think being the way he is.  He is even more remarkable and wonderful to do this.  It may well be the hardest thing he has ever done.  The definition of a hero is...not the absence of fear, and a huge display of bravado.  It is to do the brave thing in spite of the gross fears you have.  Ladies and Gentlemen.  I think he is a true hero.  He doesn't just play one on the movie screen..

According to wikipedia Jake Gyllenhaal applyed for the role as Batman as well. It went down to be just between them. But Bale got the part just before Jake.

Maybe he should have applyed for the role as Rachel instead.  ;D :D