Author Topic: What ever happened to member Artiste ?  (Read 42762 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What ever happened to member Artiste ?
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 11:54:11 am »
Many Republicans aren't even interested in Romney, and will likely stay home on election day. Strategists have been saying that Romney's campaign is purely sacrificial.

If this is true, ya gotta hand it to someone who stays out there fighting what he perceives to be "the good fight."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »
If this is true, ya gotta hand it to someone who stays out there fighting what he perceives to be "the good fight."

Well, at least it's a better fight than the kind where you tackle someone to the ground and cut their hair.

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2012, 04:11:27 am »
LOL How true!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2012, 11:44:44 pm »

I think that standing head to head and stating your opinions, are what makes democracy work.  If we only hear one side of the issue, then the truth is never found.  It takes both.  I admire people that can tell their thoughts without getting angry and storming out.  It never is expected that we are all going to agree on all things.  It is very exceptional when we can agree on some things.  There are even times when we can agree on things we never thought possible.  That is a wonderful breakthrough.  It is too bad that Congress cannot do that more often.  That being the case leaves it as it is now.  Dead in the water.
   They send the greater part of the time there posturing.  What a waste of time and money.

Beautiful mind

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2012, 09:14:24 am »
I admire people that can tell their thoughts without getting angry and storming out.

I agree that would be nice. I admire people that can listen to other people tell their thoughts without getting mad and throwing them out.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02:21 pm »
I agree that would be nice. I admire people that can listen to other people tell their thoughts without getting mad and throwing them out.

I admire people that can listen to other people tell their thoughts and express their own without:
getting mad and resorting to name calling
being disrespectful
shit stirring and aggrevating already hot situations

Heathen

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »
I admire people that can listen to other people tell their thoughts and express their own without:
getting mad and resorting to name calling
being disrespectful
shit stirring and aggrevating already hot situations

Interestingly, those are all 2-way streets.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 02:23:24 pm »
Interestingly, those are all 2-way streets.

no streets, simply what I admire. it is not partisan/has no party lines or affiliations. it is not black or white, rich or poor, gay/straight/other, male/female/other. it is not vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous, Snape friend or Snape foe. it is just saying what you have to say in a way that lifts you rather than the opposite. noone is perfect and sometimes we slip and let our frustration get the better of us but striving to be a positive force rather than stank is admirable to me.

Heathen

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2012, 02:32:46 pm »
no streets, simply what I admire. it is not partisan/has no party lines or affiliations. it is not black or white, rich or poor, gay/straight/other, male/female/other. it is not vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous, Snape friend or Snape foe. it is just saying what you have to say in a way that lifts you rather than the opposite. noone is perfect and sometimes we slip and let our frustration get the better of us but striving to be a positive force rather than stank is admirable to me.

Thank you for that, RouxB.  :)  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »

WORD!  Very well said!