Author Topic: What ever happened to member Artiste ?  (Read 42772 times)

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
What ever happened to member Artiste ?
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:33:04 am »
Any one ever see him here any more?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: What ever happened to member Artiste ?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:41:24 am »
He did go over to Jess's (Injest) site when she first started it a few years back.

Is that site still going?.....If it is can someone give me the address for it...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:38:40 am »
Any one ever see him here any more?

Artiste left here and went over to The Retreat (started by injest) during the conservative exodus from Bettermost during and after the 2008 elections.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:39:35 am »
He did go over to Jess's (Injest) site when she first started it a few years back.

Is that site still going?.....If it is can someone give me the address for it...

Yes. You can find The Retreat here: http://retreat.smfforfree.com/index.php
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:38 am »
Artiste left here and went over to The Retreat (started by injest) during the conservative exodus from Bettermost during and after the 2008 elections.

There was an "exodus" ???  I noticed Artiste's and Jess's absence at some point in the last couple years, but I didn't notice a bunch of people leaving, or catch that it was related to the election in any way?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:58 am »
There was an "exodus" ???  I noticed Artiste's and Jess's absence at some point in the last couple years, but I didn't notice a bunch of people leaving, or catch that it was related to the election in any way?

Yeah, Brokeplex, HerrKaiser, and their buddies didn't like the taste of our whiskey, so they headed out for other pastures along about then.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 09:52:20 am »
Hugs!!  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:56:06 am »
Yeah, Brokeplex, HerrKaiser, and their buddies didn't like the taste of our whiskey, so they headed out for other pastures along about then.

Oh.  Guess I must have been celebrating with too much of our whiskey at the time, cause it sure flew right past me.   ;D
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:05:37 am »

I think only part of it was related to the election specifically. As happens in many presidential election years, people on both sides dig their heels in, and the differences in the ideologies on both left and right become more sharply drawn. But even after the election, there were a number of news items that sparked fierce debates here between liberals and conservatives on social rather than political grounds.

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 12:56:52 pm »
Good God I just took a look over at the Retreat site. They should change the name to "The Old South Tea Party"