Author Topic: Heath Ledger and the new Batman movie  (Read 2395 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Heath Ledger and the new Batman movie
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:47:46 pm »
Just a comment on what I've been seeing.

People who go to sites which discuss the movie often discuss the quality of the villain in the Batman movies.  Overall, the consensus is that Heath's Joker was the best to date.

Sadly, and I feel a bit of deja vu here, the authors of these posts are often fanboys and they make such left-handed comments as

"Yeah, Nolan really knows his stuff, he took that Brokeback guy and made him a legend with the Joker..."

As if Heath's character in BBM was a minor role, a blip, something to be ashamed of.  I find myself going online yet again, to defend Heath's monumental performance in BBM to a bunch of fanboys who when giving compliments to Heath on his acting career, completely omit BBM.

Sad.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Ledger and the new Batman movie
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:49 pm »
I guess I'm at the place where I don't care why he is loved and respected, I just care that he IS loved and respected. BbM was never meant to appeal to that demographic so I am not suprised that Ennis delMar is not a fanboy favorite. Heath was brilliant as the Joker-as wonderful in that particularly role and movie as he was as Ennis in Brokeback. Brokeback Mountain was just such a far, far superior film. He was an amazing, growing actor and I just miss him. And he is a legend as the Joker to those who love that genre, just as he is a legend to us.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:49:09 pm by RouxB »

Heathen

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger and the new Batman movie
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:05:54 am »
I guess I'm at the place where I don't care why he is loved and respected, I just care that he IS loved and respected. BbM was never meant to appeal to that demographic so I am not suprised that Ennis delMar is not a fanboy favorite. Heath was brilliant as the Joker-as wonderful in that particularly role and movies as he was as Ennis in Brokeback. Brokeback Mountain was just such a far, far superior film. He was an amazing, growing actor and I just miss him. And he is a legend as the Joker to those who love that genre, just as he is a legend to us.

Wise words, friend.

And he is a legend as the Joker to those who love that genre, just as he is a legend to us.

:)