Author Topic: Let the ball roll! - UEFA EURO 2012  (Read 74349 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Let the ball roll! - UEFA EURO 2012
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 05:11:22 pm »
Couple a pics

The German coach and his sidekick in partner look, as always. :laugh:
We've been waiting for their coming out for years. ;)

Frozen

Boateng (b/w) and Ronaldo (red)

Nice ass ;D
And ouch!

Cuddles all around after the match

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 12:59:35 am »
Icehockey has always been more of my thing (probably because Sweden is better at it O0) but this thread is fun!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 03:24:31 am »
Icehockey has always been more of my thing (probably because Sweden is better at it O0) but this thread is fun!

Thanks! :)

I like watching ice-hockey, too. But only live, in the stadium, not so much in front of the telly. I can't follow the puck when watching TV, it's too small and moves too fast. We have a team near us that plays first league and my daughter is a huge fan. She seriously wanted to play ice-hockey and nagged me to no end for almost a year. :P
(she's the one who is already very invested in hand-ball, so no way she'd even have the time for a second sport ::))

Sweden made it into the EURO '12, so you're not that bad, and you have a team to root for! :)
Your first game is on Monday, against host Ukraine.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 04:25:51 am »
Speaking of rooting for a team:

Which are the teams you are cheering for? Do you pick one at every game you watch? Do you have a team, or a couple of teams, which you support throughout the tournament? And why?

I'll start:

This EURO, I root for Greece, England and Germany. Additionally, I pick one of the two sides in most games I watch.

Reasons can be different for me to root for a team: the underdogs, or a team that plays risky, offensive and fast on that day, or stuff that doesn't have anything to do with football: an especially cherished holiday memory from a country, oppposition to everybody else in the room while watching, or of course one or more good looking players.

Nuno Gomes alone made me cheer for Portugal for many happy years ;D :laugh:

For Greece I cheer because they're an underdog team, because I like Greece as a country (it does have a special feeling to it, relaxed, slow and friendly) and because of the fun sounding names of the players.

England because I'm a fan of everything British. And: Three Lions on a Shirt. Best football anthem ever. 8)

Germany because the Germans' attitude toward football has changed in the last years. They used to be very grim, serious and arrogant about football. When they lost, it was almost a national crisis. ::) And of course I loved to mock that. ;D I used to always root against the German team, no matter who the opponent was.

Since we hosted the world championship in 06, and with public viewing coming up, the attitude has changed. It's more fun, playful and cheerful now and I like that. :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 10:00:22 am »
Sweden made it into the EURO '12, so you're not that bad, and you have a team to root for! :)
Your first game is on Monday, against host Ukraine.

We did? That was more than I knew :laugh:
I´ll keep an eye on this thread for further updates :)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 12:01:14 pm »
Because I'm French, I tend to cheer for the latins: Portugal & Spain and even Italy.  I used to hate Italy because they played so defensively and the players were like delicate flowers, falling and rolling around in pain if you looked at them the wrong way.  I do like Germany, now that the players are all gay  ;) and play a more interesting game.
I'm worried about Spain today with Villa missing:

Halftime:  Iker Casillas is busy today, that last save was impressive. He's my favourite goalie.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 01:01:26 pm »
I used to hate them because they played so defensively and the players were like delicate flowers, falling and rolling around in pain if you looked at them the wrong way.  

Ha ha, the Italians have the same reputation here. :laugh:
I didn't like the Italinans for a while for the very same reason. They kicked out "my" Aussies in the quater (or 1/8?) finals some years ago unfairly. A dive by an Italian player got them a penalty shot, which was successful and the game ended 1:0 for Italy.
But I guess I'm over that now. :laugh:

Half-time quickie:

Spain : Italy 0:0

No goal so far, but still a lively game. Interesting to watch, I like both teams today.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »
Halftime:  Iker Casillas is busy today, that last save was impressive. He's my favourite goalie.

Just saw your half time edit:
Yep, great save. And he has something mischieveous in his look. I like that.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 02:00:13 pm »
I know what team I'm not rooting for! England! My celtic roots make me do it!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »
Spain : Italy ended 1:1

I got to say the result is fair, even though I rooted a little more for Spain than for Italy.
It was a very good game, the best I've seen so far. Pretty fast, both teams didn't fall back on the 1:1 but worked for victory.

But guess what? Both goals were shot while we were eating. *grumbles* I saw almost the complete game, but missed both goals. :laugh:

Fabregas (red, Spain) and Bonucci

Torres had to sit on the bench for the greatest part of the game. But when he was in - boy, he was good!

(One more word about him: freckles :D)

Next one up is Ireland : Croatia in 45 mins