Author Topic: IMDB Top 250 (plus 53) in 2 1/2 minutes  (Read 6738 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: IMDB Top 250 (plus 53) in 2 1/2 minutes
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 11:39:12 am »
I think everyone has seen hundreds and hundreds of movies, but I find the difficulty to lie in the fact that oneĀ“s tastes changes with time. A movie that I loved when I was fifteen, might just make me go "huh?" at age 34.

True! I started a thread about that once -- about watching movie you once loved and finding out whether you still loved them -- because I started doing that a lot when my kids were younger and I wanted to introduce them to old movies I thought they'd enjoy.

In addition to age and maturity, part of what changes your taste is trends in movies as a whole. For one thing, we expect things to move faster than we once did. For example, I'd always remembered loving "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for its zippy, clever, hyperactive pace. I watched it years later, and it dragged! I'm sure Speilberg himself would pace it differently if he were to make the movie now.

Movies I liked less when I watched them again: "Raiders." "Superman." "LA Story." "Bowfinger."

Movies I liked the same amount when I watched them again: "Back to the Future." "Big." "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."

Movies I liked even more when I watched them again: "Quiz Show."

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 05:21:59 pm »
Movies I liked less when I watched them again:  Jungle Fever, Midnight in Paris, Set it Off, The Help

Movies I liked the same upon watching them again: Lord of The Rings Trilogy, House of Haunted Hill (1958), Spiderman, The Dark Knight, A Single Man, District 9, Alien.

Movies I liked more upon watching them again:  Brokeback Mountain, Ed Wood, Why Did I Get Married, Cloud Atlas (saw it again yesterday and understood it better)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 07:45:10 pm »
The Blues Brothers is in, while Brokeback is out? It's a puzzlement.
"chewing gum and duct tape"