The World Beyond BetterMost > The Culture Tent

Book central - let's talk about our reads

<< < (2/8) > >>

Front-Ranger:
The book at the top of my list to read is "The Making of Brokeback Mountain" but, sigh, it hasn't been written yet! I just finished Julie and Julia by Julie Powell, and enjoyed it immensely. I'm now about one-third of the way through Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Find the Lost Children of Nepal, by Conor Grennan. It is surprisingly upbeat for a book about child trafficking. The book I'm hoping to get for Christmas is Dangerous Work: Diary of an Arctic Adventure, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Luvlylittlewing:
I just finished NW by Zadie Smith and Merry Christmas Alex Cross by James Patterson.  I'm trying to decide what to download on the Kindle to read next.  I want to read the latest offering in The #1 Ladies Detective Agency Series.  I try to read a book a week.

I rarely give books as gifts, but I receive tons of them.  You should see my library!

Jeff Wrangler:
Right now I'm finally reading A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains, by Isabella Bird. It's her account of her sojourn in Colorado in 1873.

Isabella was quite a character. You can look her up on Wikipedia.

Sason:
Great idea for a thread, Chrissi!

I have nothing to add at the moment, I don't read much these days.

Since Brokeback I spend way more time at the computer than reading!   ;D

Mandy21:
I'm with Sason.  Last few years, books have interested me less and less, and I'm sad about that.  Used to be voracious since very young, now it takes me a month to get thru just one.  Maybe it's just been too long since I've found a good page-turner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version