Author Topic: The Oscars  (Read 31209 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The Oscars
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2016, 08:31:05 pm »
I really hope The Weekend wins for best song so that the movie will forever be known as : The Oscar winning Fifty Shades of Grey! Joke aside, it really IS the best song.

I agree, out of all the songs up for the award, The Weeknd is the one that should win.

However, it wasn't my fave song from the soundtrack.  For me, that was Ellie Goulding.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtDXIazrMo[/youtube]

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 10:42:29 pm »
Heard on the radio that The Weekend did win!! Yay!!  :D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 01:01:35 am »
Oh. . .maybe the award went to a band called The Weeknd, instead??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 09:19:15 am »
Yes, I believe the artist's name is The  Weeknd, with the 'e' missing.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 09:00:21 pm »
I know what the Weeknd looks like from having seen him in the audience at both the Grammys and the Oscars, but somehow I've managed to have never heard him.

That's not weird for me, though. I'm pretty hit and miss when it comes to keeping up with current popular music.

I did enjoy Kendrick Lamar's performance at the Grammys, though. And I've actually downloaded the Tidal iPhone app, on my son's advice, to listen to Life of Pablo.

And while I'm on the subject, I liked Lady Gaga's rendition of "Til it Happens to You" at the Oscars but hated her Bowie medley at the Grammys.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2016, 09:51:21 am »
I know what the Weeknd looks like from having seen him in the audience at both the Grammys and the Oscars, but somehow I've managed to have never heard him.

That's not weird for me, though. I'm pretty hit and miss when it comes to keeping up with current popular music.

The Weeknd has become quiet the hitmaker lately.

Their first song "Earned It", spent a few weeks  at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100, and  was the second hit from the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack.

Next two singles "I Can't Feel My Face" and "The Hills" both hit #1 on the Hot 100 chart.   Current single "In The Night" peaked at #12.

Newest single is "Acquainted", and it's moving up the chart, last week #82, this week #76.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2016, 11:51:40 am »
The Weeknd has become quiet the hitmaker lately.

Their first song "Earned It", spent a few weeks  at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100, and  was the second hit from the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack.

Next two singles "I Can't Feel My Face" and "The Hills" both hit #1 on the Hot 100 chart.   Current single "In The Night" peaked at #12.

Newest single is "Acquainted", and it's moving up the chart, last week #82, this week #76.

I need to catch up!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2016, 01:04:47 pm »
I think they're music is ok.  I listen to it on the radio, but haven't ever purchased any.