Author Topic: DVD shelf display at stores.  (Read 5531 times)

EnnisDelMar

Re: DVD shelf display at stores.
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 07:47:42 pm »
That is absolutely crazy..I don't even know what else to say.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 07:51:10 pm »
Target is not the only one.  Walmart has no sign and the DVD's are under lock and key.  When Walk the Line first came out, there were signs and shelves all over the place.
I don't understand.

Under lock and key?  Do they think the Fundies will try to steal them to keep them from selling them, perchance?  Or hide them where no one can find them?  In any event, what a sorry state of affairs.

Lessee - at the Blockbuster I went to, they were going to be on a display all their own IN FRONT of the Narnia display.  (I think a manager liked the movie - the woman who checked me out and directed me to where they were seemed to have her act together way more than the average bear and complimented me on my purchase.)  The display wasn't set up yet when I got there, but it was started.  About 20 DVDs were out next to it and ready to be put on the shelves.

At the Best Buy, they were on a table of their own with the books in the middle.  Mostly widescreen available and some fullscreen.  Lots out, in stacks, and several missing from several of them.  No sign, though, whereas Narnia had their own graphic displays and had two full endcaps in a more visible area dedicated to it.

Is it the distributor or the store who decides how it will be displayed?  I'm thinking it must be the latter from what I've seen here.
No more beans!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 07:53:10 pm »
Target is not the only one.  Walmart has no sign and the DVD's are under lock and key.  When Walk the Line first came out, there were signs and shelves all over the place.
I don't understand.

Under lock and key?  Do they think the Fundies will try to steal them to keep them from selling them, perchance?  Or hide them where no one can find them? 

I really wouldn't put it past them, they probably have church meetings about it ::)

Offline Spooky_Rabbit

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jimmy
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 09:07:10 pm »
At my Target, Brokeback Mountain was on top!!

Narnia was on bottom.

Then I stopped by Borders on the way home just to see and there was a HUGE display for Brokeback Mountain, with a poster surrounded by the DVD, and the Crash special edition was not even out!

Found Crash in the new releases along with Brokeback and Brokeback was faced out in the drama section under "B".

It was everywhere in there...   :)
I know I shall meet you on that final day! Water Walkin' Jesus, take me away...

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 09:31:06 pm »
I guess that Target and Borders must have missed the memo, which reads,

"And Brokeback - you're gonna pitch that one in the back on the q.t. *away* from the sheep (our best customers).  No display.  Don't leave no sign.  Don't want them Hollywood liberals pushing their gay agenda sniffin' around."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 09:35:31 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 09:32:50 pm »
LOL

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 09:36:09 pm »
ROFL ;D ;) :)