Author Topic: Southern Comfort  (Read 2327 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Southern Comfort
« on: July 21, 2013, 04:35:18 pm »
Transgender Play Gets Attention

There's a new play that's getting attention in Pittsfield Ma, called "Southern Comfort", but it has nothing to do with liquor.

"Southern Comfort" is a musical produced by Robert DuSold and is centered around a group of transgendered friends living in rural Georgia.  When the play had a run-through in NYC, DuSold was worried that people would view it as a "freak show" or laugh at it.  However, he found that the stories of the characters touched the audience and his worries were unfounded.

The show stars “Smallville” and “Superman III” veteran Annette O’Toole (picture left) as Robert Eads, the bearded, cowboy-hat-wearing female-to-male transgender at the center of the story.

The show grapples with issues of prejudice and discrimination, the struggle for self-acceptance and the myriad medical dilemmas that transgender people must navigate. Yet the creators insist it’s a story about family.

Ticket's can be purchased at the link below. 

Barrington Stage Company Box Office 

Transgender Play Gets Attention     

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Southern Comfort
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:37:13 pm »
I'm not sure what the distance is between Boston & Pittsfield, but with the Brokies we have in the area, I thought perhaps this could make a great reason for you all to get together, if you're lookin' for a reason, that is!  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!