Author Topic: Yeehaw! I got my DVD!  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Yeehaw! I got my DVD!
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:11:01 pm »
And I feel so good I could paw the white out of the moon!

It came with an "official" BBM bandanna, so now when I go out on Saturday nights I can "flag" Brokeback. LOL.

I know a good deed doesn't count if you tell about it, but I have to say, too, my happiness is increased because I could support our local independent LGBT bookstore by buying it there. It's a wonderful asset to our community. I said as much to the clerk behind the counter, and he said, "I wish everyone felt as you do."

The DVDs were right on the counter next to the cash register. When I walked up to the counter and the clerk said, "May I help you," I just pointed to it and said, "That's what I'm here for!" Funny thing, but as I walked from the subway to the bookstore, I got about a block from the store and I started to shake. I was afraid they'd be sold out, but not to worry. They had plenty!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Yeehaw! I got my DVD!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:38:33 am »
Well, then, I know what YOU'RE doing tonight instead of posting here!
"Good enough place" - Ennis del Mar

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 09:16:35 am »
Well, then, I know what YOU'RE doing tonight instead of posting here!

Actually, I was

a) following up on requests to make links to my fanfics available on this forum;

b) trying to write a little bit more.

I'm saving the DVD for, maybe, Friday night, when I don't have to worry about being up for work the next morning.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:34:23 am »
For crying out loud, it's only a two hour movie ;D. I watched it again with subtitles last night... I never heard Ennis say what are you doing when the first tent scene is going down.  Well I maxed out the volume, had subtitles on, so I knew when he said it.

Can't believe you have the patience to wait till Friday.  I was in Tower yesterday returning films at lunchtime and three ppl behind me were buying the DVD. Two ppl behind me were buying the DVD.

Nice of you to support your local bookstore. Is Giovannai's Room still closed on Sunday evening. They were in 1997.  I thought that odd as most g-book stores have "alternative hours" from your regular bookstore.

How were the beans last night.  Have a good cup of whiskey to wash it down. The two don't sound like they'd go well together.

Still writing huh. Your going to have a 500 page novel on your hand, that's where that's going.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 10:03:40 am »
STOP THE FACE RUBBING! ::) ;D ;)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.