Author Topic: BBM wardrobe auction ended  (Read 10909 times)

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Re: BBM wardrobe auction ended
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 12:08:20 pm »
Eric -

Like Elle said, now you tell us!  The Brokeback Auction is the only one I've ever bid on.  Early on I bid on some of Lureens boots - but decided I needed to focus!  So then I knew what it had to be. 

Unfortunately, I had to go to work & my work does track computer use so I couldn't bid from there.  Even staying home, dial-up - need I say more?  I thought $100.00 over my (winning in the am) high bid would do it  :(

I heard from the winning bidder - so obviously they read my post here.  I am happy for them but soon as I read their note - I started to cry - of course, that scene almost always makes me cry anyway.   :'(

PS - Elle, are you kidding!!  :o  Those ladies are all size 2 -4!  In my dreams...
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: BBM wardrobe auction ended
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 07:22:27 pm »
The latest info on HRC's website indicates that the bidding topped $80,000 USD.  If I'm reading it correctly, this is the figure as the bidding began to close for some items, 10/18, and not a final value.

http://www.hrc.org/Template.cfm?Section=Home&CONTENTID=34297&TEMPLATE=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 07:26:39 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."