Author Topic: We don't see this scene...  (Read 6468 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
We don't see this scene...
« on: October 15, 2006, 03:10:33 am »
I just realized, we don't see this scene.  This must be right after Jack leaves Aguirre's trailer (after he's told to "get the hell out")...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 03:27:28 am by sfericsf »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: We don't see this scene...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 06:54:37 am »
True.   I'm not sure if it was a deleted scene or if those are publicity "Still" shots.   

Of course,  I'm still hoping we a get an "extended" version DVD full of lost scenes!!!

;D     David ~

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 05:22:20 pm »
Oh wow another one!  Now lets see theres:

1. Ennis and Jack and the hippies
2. Ennis castraightin a calf
3. Ennis in the Twist family cemetary holding the bag of shirts
4. Jack standing bare chested on the bridge looking into the river

and now
5. Jack outside Aguirre's office after that humilating conversation
6. Jack in his truck either just before just after that same confrontation.

Please Santa I've been a very good girl this year can we have an extended version DVD with deleted scenes for Christmas?
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 05:41:32 pm »
Yes, and don't forget Ennis and Jack sleeping together in Jack's truck that first night...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 06:34:37 pm »
coming right up, adding to my list of deleted or missing scenes:

7. Ennis and Jack sleeping together in Jack's truck that first night

I was not aware of this missing scene.  Are there any still shots of it floating around?  I 've seen stills of all the others.

Oh and don't forget there is an "alternative" closet scene, the one that was shown at the IFC awards.  And the tire iron guys/?mechanics we only saw in the trailer... so that makes 9 scenes.  Are there anymore?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 06:47:36 pm by dot-matrix »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 07:02:20 pm »

I was not aware of this missing scene.  Are there any still shots of it floating around?  I 've seen stills of all the others.

Oh and don't forget there is an "alternative" closet scene, the one that was shown at the IFC awards.  And the tire iron guys/?mechanics we only saw in the trailer... so that makes 9 scenes.  Are there anymore?
I don't think this one was actually shot. it is in the 2003 screen play but not in later editions.

How about the scene with the Basque driving Jack and Ennis to the drop off point on their first day, seen in the trailer clip. Ennis is obviously hung over.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 04:23:55 pm »

8.  There are rumors of a scene with Ennis and Jack helping to pull a VW bus belonging to a group of hippies out of a lake...
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 04:32:38 pm »
8.  There are rumors of a scene with Ennis and Jack helping to pull a VW bus belonging to a group of hippies out of a lake...
This scene  was shot. Also known as the 'hippi scene"written to show J & E as heros  my understanding is that it took a week to film and afterward everyone didn't like it and thought it wasn't a good fit in the movie.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 05:00:44 pm »
This scene  was shot. Also known as the 'hippi scene"written to show J & E as heros  my understanding is that it took a week to film and afterward everyone didn't like it and thought it wasn't a good fit in the movie.

I'm willing to trust that if everyone who saw it didn't like it, then cutting it was most likely the right thing to do.
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 06:04:27 pm »
yeah, heath even talked about that in one of the interviews.

btw, any one care to point me to a still of "3. Ennis in the Twist family cemetary holding the bag of shirts"? I've been MIA from here for a while and must have missed this during that time.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.