Author Topic: "Some Sweet Life," "The Grieving Plain," and other "Zane Twist" fanfictions  (Read 121223 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: "All I Got and All I Want" by Jeff Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 12:12:48 pm »
Jeff, I'm new here and am feeling my way around.  Before I registered, I had an opportunity to read your stories at Fanfiction.net, and I have to tell you, I am impressed!  I check this forum often to see if you have written anything new, because I can't get enough of your writing.  We have to find a way to convince you to keep writing.  In other words, I demand more!!

Oh, gosh.

Thanks for your kind comments, littlewing. Obviously I'm not checking the fan fiction board here very often, because I haven't had anything to add lately, so I apologize for not responding sooner.

Well, summer is here, and there are lots of things to do, like getting out of the city as often as possible. Unfortunately there is never enough time, never enough, for everything. If it's any consolation to anyone--and I don't know why it should be--I have started work on two additional Alternative Universe stories, one of which involves the fight with the roughnecks mentioned in "Sayin' 'I do,'" but it may well be fall before either is finished.

(Sigh.) Has anybody figured out how to add more hours to an evening or days to a week?  :-\
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 12:22:40 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 02:42:42 pm »
Oh, gosh.

Thanks for your kind comments, littlewing. Obviously I'm not checking the fan fiction board here very often, because I haven't had anything to add lately, so I apologize for not responding sooner.

Well, summer is here, and there are lots of things to do, like getting out of the city as often as possible. Unfortunately there is never enough time, never enough, for everything. If it's any consolation to anyone--and I don't know why it should be--I have started work on two additional Alternative Universe stories, one of which involves the fight with the roughnecks mentioned in "Sayin' 'I do,'" but it may well be fall before either is finished.

(Sigh.) Has anybody figured out how to add more hours to an evening or days to a week?  :-\

Take your time, JP!  Your stories are worth the wait!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 09:53:34 pm »
Take your time, JP!  Your stories are worth the wait!

Aww, thanks! You made my evening!  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 11:32:50 am »
"Some Sweet Life" certainly reflects what I need to believe awaited Ennis.

I'd read the wedding story, but "No Hero" was one I hadn't seen. That was great, Ennis delivering a baby, and in the old way at that (i.e., squatting, with a bathtub standing in for a birthing stool).   :)

Nice touch, too, having the couple named Joe (Joseph) and Marcy, with a son named Joshua born on Christmas Eve. Very sweet finish, too. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 11:17:09 am »
I'd read the wedding story, but "No Hero" was one I hadn't seen. That was great, Ennis delivering a baby, and in the old way at that (i.e., squatting, with a bathtub standing in for a birthing stool).   :)

Nice touch, too, having the couple named Joe (Joseph) and Marcy, with a son named Joshua born on Christmas Eve. Very sweet finish, too. 

Marge,

Thanks so much for the kind words about "No Hero." I'm glad you enjoyed the story. My apologies for not responding sooner. I'm sort of on "summer hiatus" from writing, so I haven't been checking the fanfiction forum as regularly as I should.

Thanks again!

Jeff

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 10:17:12 pm »
OK, it appears editing the original posting wasn't enough to move this, so I'm going to have to bump it.  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 10:23:19 pm »
Just in case anyone is interested, I've posted a link to a new fanfic. It's an AU story that takes place early in Ennis and Jack's life together. It will have multiple chapters, but they will be short chapters. Here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3141865/1/

I've added this to my thread over on the fanfiction forum, too, and bumped the thread.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 11:25:06 am by MaineWriter »

moremojo

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2006, 10:25:38 pm »
Jeff, if I can wring up the courage to dabble in fresh AU fiction, yours will be the first--I swear!

Thanks for posting the link and informing us all of your continuing efforts...

Peace and friendship,
Scott

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 11:50:17 pm »
Jeff, your fan fics are what first got me reading fan fic all together! You can bet I'll be reading this one, thanks for posting...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 01:17:17 am »
Jeff-finally!

I'm so 'cited!

O0

Heathen