Author Topic: Zero at the Bone by MadLori  (Read 220549 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Zero at the Bone by MadLori
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 06:18:26 pm »
Maybe their car will break down and they'll have to steal a motorbike........  *YUM*

Oh yeah, even better. I can just imagine them cruising down those long, lonely, hot desert highways.....

merrobot

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 03:52:27 pm »
I really am enjoying this new story, Lori, and I think it's a testament to your talent as a writer that you can write such heartwarming stories as Human Interest and Two Crows Joy alongside such a dark, brooding tale like this one.  Like many of the other readers here, I am on tenterhooks to find out how D fell into this way of life and now that he's finally met Jack, how the relationship between them as fugitives will develop. 

Thanks for a fantastic new story  :)

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 04:16:54 pm »
I really am enjoying this new story, Lori, and I think it's a testament to your talent as a writer that you can write such heartwarming stories as Human Interest and Two Crows Joy alongside such a dark, brooding tale like this one.  Like many of the other readers here, I am on tenterhooks to find out how D fell into this way of life and now that he's finally met Jack, how the relationship between them as fugitives will develop. 

Thanks for a fantastic new story  :)

Thanks, merro!  there is actually a big-ass clue about what might have pushed Ennis into his life as a contract killer...it's in the part where he's talking about the speedboats, and how Jack got bowled over by one and at one time he did, too.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 07:44:33 pm »
Thanks, merro!  there is actually a big-ass clue about what might have pushed Ennis into his life as a contract killer...it's in the part where he's talking about the speedboats, and how Jack got bowled over by one and at one time he did, too.

Ooh yeah, that part was intriguing to say the least... one of his brothers in arms? D was in the military I'm guessing from that and his "high and tight" hair cut... the meth addict comment was interesting as well. Can't wait to read more!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 03:59:25 am »
Maybe their car will break down and they'll have to steal a motorbike........  *YUM*

You really do have a thing for those hot motorbike getaways  ;)

Karen

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 11:41:30 pm »
only because I read someone else discussing it.  I'm not big on Emily Dickinson and didn't know this poem.
i do like emily dickensen, a lot but im not familiar with this particular poem...very interesting lori...i am very interested in your new story as i have been all the rest..  thanks for the job you do..a loyal reader                                                                janice

Beautiful mind

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 02:04:33 am »

one_of_one

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 10:13:55 am »
Oh I absolutely love this story.

I love Jack's humour and the way he is irritating "D", but at the same time is getting under D's skin.  In some ways Jack is such an innocent but in others he is quite clever, surprising D. 

*SPOILERY BITS*

Couldn't help but smile when D is telling himself he just wants Jack to shut up and stop asking him questions, but at the same time really wants to open up and talk to Jack.  He's so used to not talking to people, and for people to not even bother wanting to make the effort to converse with him.  He's certainly met his match with Gobby!Jack.  LOL 

And the part in the motel room when D really wants to tell Jack his name, and wants Jack to keep talking so that D can see his "big blue eyes".

I liked the bit where Jack tricks D into revealing he was in the military...and D's subsequent thoughts as to whether it was jack who was clever or him that was slipping....bit of both maybe?

:) H

mvansand76

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 12:08:21 pm »
And the part in the motel room when D really wants to tell Jack his name, and wants Jack to keep talking so that D can see his "big blue eyes".

Oh yes, that was such a nice end to the chapter... I liked how in chapter 2 Jack accidentally guessed D's real name, that was so cute...

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 01:28:48 pm »