Author Topic: Zero at the Bone by MadLori  (Read 220556 times)

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Zero at the Bone by MadLori
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2007, 08:16:23 pm »
Any news from Lori? We miss you Lori and I hope all is well with you.  8)

mvansand76

« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2007, 06:48:45 am »
Any news from Lori? We miss you Lori and I hope all is well with you.  8)

Oh I can't wait for this chapter, hopefully she will post this today so I can take in on the plane with me and read it there!  8)

mvansand76

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2007, 03:48:27 am »
Well, for the people who don't know yet.... chapter 13 is up!

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/76924.html

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2007, 05:43:54 am »
**SPOILERS**

This was just great *happy sigh* I'm SO relieved and happy they are back together again and that D took this first step to be close to Jack again, that he was the one to make the first move  :)

All at once, D felt the tension leave Jack’s shoulders. Jack turned quickly and pressed hard against D, a sob overlaid with a sigh escaping him. D sucked in a breath and shut his eyes, clutching Jack to his chest and holding him fast, Jack’s arms around his shoulders.

“I can’t believe you came for me,” Jack whispered against D’s neck.

“Hadta,” he said.

“Why?”

“Shhh,” D said. “Jus…” He hesitated. “Jus lemme hold ya fer a minute, okay?” he whispered. Maybe if he was quiet enough it wouldn’t really be him saying it. “Don’t ask me no questions. Jus lemme feel yer safe.”

Jack sighed and his arms tightened around D. “D?”

“Hmm?”

“I might want to hold you longer than a minute.”

“Hmm. I s’pose.”   

Lovely  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2007, 12:04:37 pm »
Well, that was worth the wait! One hell of a chapter and I agree with you June, it was so good to read that D made the first step! I loved that part that you quoted, it was so sweeeeeeeet!

I am really looking forward to Jack finding out Ennis's real name. I really feel like they can't have SNIT until they have really opened up to each other and Jack knows his real name. It wouldn't feel right otherwise...

Also, I have to admit that I have no clue whatsoever about what is going on with D and X and...everything else.... I will have to reread it all once I it is finished...

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Zero to bullseye...
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2007, 02:01:23 pm »
Mornin'.

Great update. Sigh of relief; didn't know I was holding my breath for so long.

One of my favorite passages in this chapter: "He was goddamned bedrock, and everything rolled right off without leaving any trace. But Jack fucking Twist was like a million years of rain, wearing channels and caverns all through him, sinkholes down into the dark depths that he never thought would see the light of day again. Right now he felt about as rock-solid as Swiss cheese." The imagery is beautiful.

Jack has that way with Ennis...reaching through the hard exterior to find the real person underneath. And, glad to have you use Ennis' real name...it shows how much he has changed. And his hesitance at touching Jack, but finally breaking through doubts and fears to reach out for what he really wants... more wonderful writing.

Was wondering how Ennis would rescue Jack...always nice to have the right friends to help! And, speaking of them, you raised a lot of questions about X and Ennis' relationship with X.

Their almost idyllic "Brokeback Mountain" days in Tahoe are over. Now, how do they cope with the emotions and dangers off that mountain and back in the "real" world? Redding probably isn't so safe for them...if the bad guys could find them in Tahoe, why not in Redding in his brother's house? Better high-tail it to some location not connected with either of them.

Looking forward to more chapters. I'll wait patiently and hold my horses... even though the horses sometimes get restless waiting in the same spot for too long. Got to feed and water them on a regular basis, you know.

[Also posted at BrokebackSlash...]

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2007, 04:07:46 pm »

Also, I have to admit that I have no clue whatsoever about what is going on with D and X and...everything else.... I will have to reread it all once I it is finished...

I have absolutely NO clue what's going on with X and D's other contacts and involvements either, Mel  :-\ I just can't seem to figure it out.....anybody have any thoughts or ideas?

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2007, 07:56:59 pm »
Sounds to me like D is either a double agent---he works assasinations for the bad guys and lets the good guys know what is going on, and works for them too when they need him too-OR he is an undercover agent--like he is DEEP undercover and I get the feeling he has his own agenda that doesn't involve any of the "powers"
very complicated developments and right now we all have more questions than answers.

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2007, 11:52:39 pm »
There is an update of Zero on LJ now, Chapter 13 I think!  Hot , hot, hot. ;)

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2007, 07:53:54 pm »
Actually Chapter 14! Sorry, it's up on LJ. ;)