Author Topic: TV  (Read 5715 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
TV
« on: October 19, 2013, 07:20:17 am »
I've been obsessed with finding LA Law on DVD and finally season 1 is out.

Best TV theme music ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9kroIzdLg
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

Re: TV
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:01:38 am »
Some kind soul has posted all seasons of LA Law on youtube.  This is from May 10, 1990, surely one of the first attempts to tackle this subject...while discussing the trial, the term "outing" is defined for the first time.

There are other parts to this episode, it's not just the trial of the outed cop...

LA Law Season 04 Episode 21 :: "Outward Bound"

Kuzak represents a gay former policeman suing a journalist who "outed" his homosexuality without permission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpz_HcNZncQ

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:22:02 am »
Hello butlers_fantasy, and welcome to BetterMost!
It's nice to have you here. Want a cup of coffee, piece a cherry cake?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 08:44:31 pm »
Thanks for the welcome.

I was looking forward to some discussion about the clip...comparing 1990 to today, what's different, what's the same....

Online Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 03:26:00 pm »
I've never seen LA Law, so I'm afraid I can't discuss with you, butlers_fantasy, but I'd also like to welcome you to BetterMost.

Sometimes it's hard to get a discussion going on a specific topic. I hope you'll find other topics that interest you here.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »
I've been experimenting with watching TV shows for the first time in many years. Last night I watched my first CSI show. It was based in Los Angeles. Watching the opening credits, I decided to give the show a try when I saw the names of Linda Hunt and David McCallum come up. The show seemed to consist largely of people walking around in groups or singly. In fact, there were so many shots of people walking around with sinister music playing that it seemed clear that they were trying to save money since they spent so much on actors.

Mark Harmon was a main actor and he had just about the worst haircut I've seen. He's a very attractive man, but his hair almost made him look ugly. There was also someone who looked like Zooey Deschanel in a black wig. Linda Hunt was very good, but also looked like she was wearing a wig. She really electrified the few scenes she was in. By the time David McCallum appeared late in the show I had forgotten that he was the main reason I wanted to see it. He looked a little strange, sort of like Dave Cullen, and he seemed to be acting in a trance. I gather he was the bad guy. Watching that show was a strange experience all around.

I also watched another show this week, the remake of Bonnie and Clyde. It made me very homesick for the young Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 07:45:36 am »
Waiting on February for the starts of The Walking Dead and RuPaul's Drag Race.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 12:16:36 pm »
I've been obsessed with finding LA Law on DVD and finally season 1 is out.

Best TV theme music ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp9kroIzdLg

I used to watch that show every week. Scary to watch this opening and think how much older all those actors are now. Thank god I have not aged in that same time period.