Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101032 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #550 on: May 25, 2014, 03:38:12 pm »
Holy fuck!  Damn!  I had no idea!  Nobody ever told me to watch H50.  Are they shipping these guys in fanfic?  Silly question, I guess.  I think CBS is already venturing there. I heart you?  How long you two been married?

Now I have to get to hulu and watch the whole damn thing.  Thanks, Vincent!
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #551 on: May 25, 2014, 03:51:06 pm »
But we do.  Right after Marc flees the club, he drives home emotionally a wreck to tears, uttering "Sh1t, sh1T...", next we cut to Marc approaching Bettina from behind while she's sitting on the deck, no doubt playing this in her mind.  Their conversation says it all.  Marc, "I cannot go on like this."  Bettina, "Me neither."  long pause, "Me neither"  It is very subtle but if you watch the camera focus it shifts: First on Marc with the "cannot go on.." then to Bettina with "Me neither..." and we get a really good look her realization and despair knowing she's lost Marc.  Then the camera shifts back and  refocuses on Marc before cutting to him entering the academy training room again.    Hmm, where did we see this before?  The "I wish I knew how scene in BBM?"

That's the conversation, both spoken, unspoken and the lack of any intimate eye contact - says what I'm leaning on.

Very well said.  We do see their lack of communication, the lack of connection, and all that that implies.  And their few words; yes, it's over.

How do you see their future relationship?  They have to see each other because of the baby, but do you think they can ever be friendly at all?  It would be up to Bettina, he should have no animosity towards her.

Re:  I agree with you and I remember those heated debates too well.  Once one accepts sexuality is or can be fluid, it is quite possible for a "straight" guy to fall in love with another man.   It's when we box ourselves into this either/or that the "must be's" surface.   In both cases, with Marc, we are clearly shown that another guy is no substitute for Kay and with Ennis we learn from what he said and did there were no other's besides Jack.    V.

OMG, I'm so glad to hear you say this!  Yes, Ennis has no interest in being close to, or having sex with, or sharing anything with another man. 

For me, it's not as cut and dried with Marc.  Will he be open to meeting and forming a relationship w/another guy?  Or was Kay "it" for him?   

Offline morrobay

« Reply #552 on: May 25, 2014, 04:10:01 pm »
But also remember that it was Bettina that invited Kay to the "newborn party" and at that point she knew for sure Kay was gay... so her acceptance of gay men was obviously OK until it was Marc...

Exactly.  Stephen Lacant said in an interview that while researching for the screenplay/movie he found that to be true of many people.  They think they are accepting, and say they have nothing against a gay lifestyle, until it affects them directly, like a family member or close friend.  Then it's a different story. 

It's even what Marc's father says to Kay: we don't have anything against homosexuals but stay away from our son.

She invited him to the party because she was sure she had nothing to fear from him, he was not a threat. 

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #553 on: May 25, 2014, 04:24:54 pm »

Very well said.  We do see their lack of communication, the lack of connection, and all that that implies.  And their few words; yes, it's over.

How do you see their future relationship?  They have to see each other because of the baby, but do you think they can ever be friendly at all?  It would be up to Bettina, he should have no animosity towards her.

OMG, I'm so glad to hear you say this!  Yes, Ennis has no interest in being close to, or having sex with, or sharing anything with another man. 

For me, it's not as cut and dried with Marc.  Will he be open to meeting and forming a relationship w/another guy?  Or was Kay "it" for him?   

Marc's relationship with Bettina an my humble opinion: of course Bettina needs time to get over Marc's cheating and lying, but whatever happened between them, they both are parent of their child so they have to find a way to communicate. Maybe one day they will be friends again, maybe not. Anyway, Bettina doesn't seem the type to hate Marc forever. He is the father of her child and the guy she loved and lived an laughed with. If Marc does his best to be a good father, I think they will be ok.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #554 on: May 25, 2014, 04:53:33 pm »
No quite opposite.  When we are shown Marc and the stranger from the club not working out in the stall, we know then that Marc's connection to Kay exceeds physical pleasure.  If Marc just wanted gay sex, he surely could get that easily with those eyes and good looks of his - nor would not have rushed out on his pickup - what 3 mins and it''s done... ?    That's not what Marc wanted or needed.  

I agree - this is the overwhelming reason Bettina should be jealous but she does not know that yet.  If Marc needed just physical, then she and Marc maybe still had the emotional connection they needed for their partnership to possibly survive but Marc, and we are shown this, realizes that his feelings for Kay exceed those of Bettina, emotionally.

In the shower, Bettina's comments provide insight.  Marc's attraction to Kay is NOT just a physical pleasure of a penis vs. vagina... and it is that which drives her "like it from behind..and I cannot even be properly jealous"..  I do not think Bettina realizes it is emotional now with Marc and Kay - not just physical..  Did that make sense, I'm not sure I said it well..  V.

I agree Bettina didn't realize it was more than physical.
But again I'm not sure if I understand correctly. I think I get your point of view: Because Bettina didn't realize it was more than sex with Kay, she didn't have a reason to be jealous.
In that case: if I were Bettina, I should be very jealous if my love slept with another woman. Even if it was only physical. Confused, angry because of the lying and cheating but most of all jealous.
If my love slept with another man, I still would be confused and angry, but not jealous.
That's why I think Bettina meant "I can't be jealous because Kay is a guy".

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #555 on: May 25, 2014, 05:06:58 pm »
Exactly.  Stephen Lacant said in an interview that while researching for the screenplay/movie he found that to be true of many people.  They think they are accepting, and say they have nothing against a gay lifestyle, until it affects them directly, like a family member or close friend.  Then it's a different story. 

It's even what Marc's father says to Kay: we don't have anything against homosexuals but stay away from our son.

She invited him to the party because she was sure she had nothing to fear from him, he was not a threat. 

I think Stephan Lacant is right.
But in Bettina's case it's different because Marc cheated her with Kay. So her feelings were not concerning gay people but the person Kay.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #556 on: May 25, 2014, 05:18:21 pm »
^^^  I don't understand.  

She invited Kay to the party because she knew he was gay and she was ok with it.  But when she found out he and Marc had been together, she (probably) hated him.  Right?   ???

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #557 on: May 25, 2014, 05:19:35 pm »
Another set of gifs from the hospital -  MUST go further thru this site.. The owner has done a outstanding job of collecting many very interesting images..  from some of my favorite shows and films!

hospital seq --> http://onlymywishfulthinking.tumblr.com/post/86556165250

the "glances from the HAND scene", several intimate shots, after the sex scene, ...
--> http://onlymywishfulthinking.tumblr.com/post/86534417300/marc-kay-freier-fall-free-fall-2013

The ILY seq --> http://onlymywishfulthinking.tumblr.com/post/86460527975

H5O
 Oh the look --> http://onlymywishfulthinking.tumblr.com/post/75523695098

::)
V

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:57:07 pm by gattaca »
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #558 on: May 25, 2014, 05:20:53 pm »
the kiss in slow motion *sigh*

Offline morrobay

« Reply #559 on: May 25, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »
this is the Free Fall tumblr tag I'm following.  Has lots of gifs and collages, and it goes back to November, I think.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/freier-fall