Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101617 times)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #1160 on: May 24, 2015, 03:20:57 pm »
Something different.
Sense8 will be released June 5. 
Will this effect Free Fall and a possible sequal?
(People looking up Max on the internet will discover FF and watch it).
Someone on Imbd mentioned this.

What do you guys think?

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1161 on: May 24, 2015, 04:50:48 pm »
On the facebooksite someone asked if there will be a sequal or not. They answered that there will be one.
(Kommt der 2 Teil oder nicht? Answer: Kommt.).

https://www.facebook.com/1553203491595933/photos/a.1553204184929197.1073741827.1553203491595933/1590500384532910/?type=1

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1162 on: May 28, 2015, 07:48:15 am »
TV Review: ‘Sense8′

Brian Lowry

TV Columnist

@blowryontv

It’s easy to see why Netflix would jump at a series from the Wachowskis and science-fiction writer J. Michael Straczynski, even if the credits are a spellchecker’s nightmare. Yet while the streaming service was no doubt hoping for “The Matrix,” in commercial terms, it wound up with something closer to “Jupiter Ascending” and “Cloud Atlas” — or worse, its own “Marco Polo.” A dense sci-fi construct that’s poorly explained through three episodes, “Sense8” bears some resemblance to Fox’s short-lived “Touch,” infusing a sense of global interconnectedness with mystical mumbo-jumbo. But the main problem, simply, is that the show doesn’t make much sense.

The extra-long premiere opens by seeking to establish the basic premise, which involves eight disparate people — ethnically diverse and geographically spread across the world — being joined in a vague manner that allows them to share experiences and knowledge. That opens, somewhat promisingly, with their “mother” (Daryl Hannah) being hunted down by a shadowy bad guy-type, subsequently appearing to each of her far-flung progeny in strange visions.

After that, however, “Sense8” becomes a pretty mundane, chaotic soap opera, following the lives of its various characters without doing much to advance what binds them. Yes, Naveen Andrews (whose connection to “Lost” is clearly no accident, given Netflix’s data-driven approach) gradually begins appearing and dropping cryptic clues, but this show is so tiresomely put together, it’s enough to make one long for the second season of “Heroes.”

While scattering the key players far and wide — and shooting in eight different cities — is certainly ambitious, activity shouldn’t be confused with achievement, as the legendary basketball coach John Wooden used to say; rather, jumping among those plots makes the whole enterprise feel disjointed. Characters do intersect, fleetingly, but based on the pace of these first three chapters, those who choose to invest in the full 12-episode ride to reach the nexus where the trains finally meet pretty much will have made that commitment from the outset.

The characters, in fact, seem heavily defined by their locations, the most interesting, relatively speaking, being Nomi (Jamie Clayton), a transgender woman in San Francisco who finds herself in the most jeopardy; Lito (Miguel Angel Silvestre), a closeted telenovela star in Mexico; and Kala (Tina Desai), a woman in Mumbai on the verge of getting married.

The press notes colorfully describe them as being “hunted by an organization out to capture, kill or vivisect them,” but like a lot here in the early going, all that must be taken on faith. Then again, faith is clearly what inspired Netflix, having no doubt surveyed its mysterious metrics and recognized that the collaboration of the Wachowskis and Straczynski (whose diverse credits include another numerical series, “Babylon 5”) on a sci-fi project would be catnip to a subset of its subscriber base.

It’s understandable that, principally working in features, the Wachowskis would revel in the freedom an episodic series provides to tell a story in a more protracted fashion. There’s a fine line, however, between filmmakers taking their time and trying viewers’ patience, which, initially, is the category in which “Sense8” most directly belongs.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/sense8-wachowskis-netflix-review-1201499916/
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1163 on: May 28, 2015, 07:57:50 am »
Daryl Hannah sported a little lacy black dress on Wednesday for the premiere of the Netflix series Sense8 in San Francisco.

Doing their thing: The two stars also took pictures with German actor Max Riemelt

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1164 on: May 28, 2015, 07:59:34 am »
Ensemble cast: Daryl , Jamie, Erendira, Freema and Naveen joined the rest of the Sense8 cast on the carpet

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1165 on: May 28, 2015, 08:07:26 am »
Schießt sich Max Riemelt nach Hollywood?

Seine Rolle in der Netflix-Serie „Sense 8“ könnte dem Berliner internationale Türen öffnen. B.Z. wollte von Max Riemelt wissen, ob er schon von Hollywood träumt?

http://www.bz-berlin.de/leute/schiesst-sich-max-riemelt-nach-hollywood

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1166 on: May 28, 2015, 08:10:05 am »
Google translate for above story:

Max Riemelt (31) is on the home stretch! For his starring role in "Sense 8", the Berliner could catapult directly to Hollywood.

Eight countries, eight people and a mental connection. In the new sci-fi series "Sense 8", which celebrates the world on June 5 at Netflix Premiere, eight strangers mysteriously manner are connected by their thoughts. Because of their special ability they are hunted by an organization, have to fight for their lives.

The Berlin Max Riemelt landed a starring role and is the only German next to stars like Daryl Hannah (54, "Kill Bill") in the international cast. "The people are great - I love them. We are like a family ", told the BZ Riemelt on the set in Babelsberg. The film was shot here. A in Seoul, Nairobi and London.

The series hit could be the start of Riemelts international career. Whether he had dreams of Hollywood? "I do not want to think about such a thing, because my mind off such notions," the actor, who has remained on the ground despite success says. "Of course that's a pressure exerted on me. I just want to focus on my work and people can think what they want. "

In "Sense 8" plays Riemelt criminal Berlin Wolfgang, who suddenly shares his senses and thoughts with seven other people from different countries for a vision. Whether he believes in Paranormal? Riemelt for BZ: "I definitely believe in a certain energy that is everywhere. Some call it soul, some spirit, some call it the Divine. But there is definitely something that we can not detect with our limited potential of the brain. "

What do we believe? At Riemelts career that determines continue going straight up ...

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1167 on: May 28, 2015, 08:23:28 am »
TV.com's 11 Most Anticipated New Series for Summer 2015

With sunny weather that can literally burn your skin, backyard barbecues forcing you to eat unmentionable animal parts, and children running rampant with no school to show them reasonable bounds, you need something to get you excited for summer. So I figured I would do my civic duty and give you two handfuls of reasons to get excited about summer by doling out the only thing I know about: television!

Below you'll find 11 new shows that should keep summer from being a total bore, so cancel that trip to DisneyWorld and get on the couch like the rest of us.

2. Deutschland 83 (SundanceTV)
WHEN IT'S ON: Wednesdays starting June 17 at 11pm on SundanceTV

WHO'S IN IT: Jonas Nay, Maria Schrader, Alexander Beyer, Sonja Gerhardt, and more Germans you probably don't recognize.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: It's 1983 and an East German spy is sent to West Germany to get military secrets. And also maybe party.

WHY WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT IT: Damn, that trailer is HOT. This drama is the first German-language series to be broadcast in the United States, so since you weren't there when the Berlin Wall came down, be a part of history as television's equivalent to that is broken. But seriously, this looks great and it's already getting a lot of acclaim internationally.

1. Sense8 (Netflix)
WHEN IT'S ON: Netflix will dump all 12 episodes of the first season out on Friday, June 5. Make sure your favorite pizza-delivery place is on speed dial.

WHO'S IN IT: It's a cast that would make the United Nations proud! Canadian actor Brian J. Smith (Stargate Universe), British actress Tuppence Middleton (Black Mirror), Korean actress Bae Doona (Jupiter Ascending), Spanish actor Miguel Ángel Silvestre, British actor Aml Ameen, Indian actress Tina Desai (Best Exotic Marigold Hotel), German actor Max Riemelt, and American transgender actress Jamie Clayton. The Wachowskis (The Matrix) created and wrote the series.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: Eight strangers from around the globe find themselves inexplicably linked as they begin to share selves. Let me explain; they can feel what the others feel, and share skill sets. Why? We don't know, man, we don't know!

WHY WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT IT: One of the most impressive trailers of any of the summer shows has us refreshing our Netflix pages like our lives depend on it. The Wachowskis are notoriously hit and miss (mostly misses recently), but they do have a great eye for science-fiction and gorgeous action. If the story is merely decent, this should be a series we're finished with in a few days.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1168 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:28 pm »
Sense8 - Character Trailer: Wolfgang - Netflix [HD]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyG8Dp8Shjw

Offline morrobay