Author Topic: The NYT Movie Review: “Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time”  (Read 9547 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: The NYT Movie Review: “Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time”
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 02:08:12 pm »
I liked it in the theaters.  I don't know anything about the game, so it might have been true to form or they added some unfortunate current political angles, but I'm waiting for the price on the DVD to go down so I can buy it.  It was fun, Jake was gorgeous to look at and it was happy summer fluff.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 04:11:54 pm »
Just needed to share my Prince of persia experience in reel life today. The kids in school came up to me and said I wanna play (with) prince Dastan. Unfortantly he decided to change his mind and later he said he wanted to play with dagger instead. and I said OK. (This is what I didn´t say but thought in my mind. Thats a shame boy, you have no idea what you are missing. )  :P

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 04:14:36 pm »
Just needed to share my Prince of persia experience in reel life today. The kids in school came up to me and said I wanna play (with) prince Dastan unfortantly he changed his mind and said he wanted to play with dagger instead. and I said OK. (This is what I didn´t say but thought in my mind thats a shame boy. You have no idea what you are missing. )  :P

LOL! You naught girl!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 05:52:11 pm »
If you missed it (like me!), I noticed today that Prince of Persia is available at Netflix for streaming...

8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 05:32:31 pm »

Let's flash back a few years.

;D

I found this article, "12 Movies You Presumed Were Massive Flops (That Really Weren’t)"

This is their #2 movie.

2. Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time (Profit: $135m)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is really the only video game adaptation to date where a studio jumped in with both feet and fully committed themselves to the vision, complete with a huge budget and an A-list cast, headed by Jake Gyllenhaal, playing a gentrified version of the famous protagonist.

One of the better efforts to date to adapt a video game, the movie no doubt benefited from Jerry Bruckheimer’s presence as a producer, though as he recently proved with his The Lone Ranger, not everything he touches turns to gold.

Prince of Persia received mixed notices from critics, and scooped an underwhelming $335 million against $200 million. Bruckheimer and co. were clearly banking on this becoming the next Pirates of the Caribbean, though frankly, as a gamer, I was impressed the movie connected with audiences at all and even managed to make this amount of money.

It’ll doubtless be used by studios to suggest why they should never put big money into video game adaptations, but it was far from the flop many assumed it to be.

http://whatculture.com/film/12-movies-presumed-massive-flops-really-werent.php

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 08:23:59 am »
I don't know what it is about this film.  It is on TV a lot up here, and I find myself compelled to watch it again and again.  At first it was Gyllenhaal: I'll watch anything with  him in it.  When I watched it again and again it was....well....Gyllenhaal.  Am I such a slave to my passions?  He gets hotter as he gets older.  Johnny Darko--cute and charming; Prince of Persia--HOT.  Now if they would only get him into a picture where his acting skills (promised in Darko and BBM) could shine through.
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 12:13:21 pm »
I don't know what it is about this film.  It is on TV a lot up here, and I find myself compelled to watch it again and again.  At first it was Gyllenhaal: I'll watch anything with  him in it.  When I watched it again and again it was....well....Gyllenhaal.  Am I such a slave to my passions?  He gets hotter as he gets older.  Johnny Darko--cute and charming; Prince of Persia--HOT.  Now if they would only get him into a picture where his acting skills (promised in Darko and BBM) could shine through.
have you seen Prisoners? He is brilliant in it