Author Topic: Burning Blue: two Navy pilots who fall in love living under Don’t Ask Don’t Tell  (Read 38080 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

Published on Mar 7, 2013

S V A
S C R E E N I N G
A N D
I N T E R V I E W:

&noredirect=1

B U R N I N G   B L U E
News:

Wells Fargo Advisors recently hosted a Sneak Preview Screening at the New York's SVA Theater. The evening was a great
success.

The private event for 400 people raised more than $11,000 for Athlete Ally and Freedom to Marry, to non-profit organizations
dedicated to inclusion, equality and dialogue. The accompanying video includes interviews with our guests who attended.

Morgan Spector, Actor (Burning Blue, Will)
Jeffrey Correa, Freedom to Marry
Hudson Taylor, Athlete Ally
Sandy Kenyon, NYC WABC Movie Critic

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"Camping Out"

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Wonder when it'll be shown in the UK? It'll be worth seeing, I'm sure.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
I'll have to investigate and see about dates in NYC.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
looks great!
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 09:14:23 pm »

Looks awesome.. thanks for posting the caps!  Cheers, V.
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
For those members looking forward to "Burning Blue" as I am, here's another film from 2009, which the Brokeback community will enjoy.  The film was overlooked when it was released and was a sleeper.  The title does not help matters. Please ignore the title "Handsome Harry" and give it a chance - you will be pleasantly surprised!  I swear!  

The cast is loaded with names:  Buscemi, Sheridan, Quinn, Savage and one of my favorites, Scott.  Pay attention, there are quite a few very quick flash backs.  The film could stand a bit of tightening but the exploring of the characters lives and how they each dealt or didnt' deal with what they did is a fascinating study in life.

Told as a series of flashbacks and from a Navy angle, the film takes one of a journey of a dying man to right a horrible wrong done to a fellow seaman.  it also explores the life of someone not following their heart.  No it's not a sappy flick but it will get your attention... there are several lines lifted directly from Brokeback and pay attention to the ending.  I'd love to discuss the film in  a separate thread for anyone interested.  

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1318001/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It is available on Netflix, Amazon etc..  for rental or own... if you liked Brokeback, this may be an owner for you.  

Cheers, V.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:31:10 pm by gattaca »
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I will be in NYC Monday June 16 (arrive la Guardia 5.43pm) to Saturday June 21 (dep Pennsylvania station 11.25am)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Re: Burning Blue
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 11:20:15 pm »
For those members looking forward to "Burning Blue" as I am, here's another film from 2009, which the Brokeback community will enjoy.  The film was overlooked when it was released and was a sleeper.  The title does not help matters. Please ignore the title and give it a chance - you will be pleasantly surprised!  I swear!   

The cast is loaded with names:  Buscemi, Sheridan, Quinn, Savage and one of my favorites, Scott.  Pay attention, there are quite a few very quick flash backs.  The film could stand a bit of tightening but the exploring of the characters lives and how they each dealt or didnt' deal with what they did is a fascinating study in life.

Told as a series of flashbacks and from a Navy angle, the film takes one of a journey of a dying man to right a horrible wrong done to a fellow seaman.  it also explores the life of someone not following their heart.  No it's not a sappy flick but it will get your attention... there are several lines lifted directly from Brokeback and pay attention to the ending.  I'd love to discuss the film in  a separate thread for anyone interested.   

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1318001/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It is available on Netflix, Amazon etc..  for rental or own... if you liked Brokeback, this may be an owner for you. 

Cheers, V.

Hi Vincent.  Please allow me to out this film:  it's "Handsome Harry".  There was a very brief discussion about it on another thread a couple of years ago.  Truman liked it, I didn't.  Perhaps I should give it another chance.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,45782.msg631599.html#msg631599

Paul