Author Topic: Favourite Jack Twist Line - The Sequel  (Read 9711 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: Favourite Jack Twist Line - The Sequel
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 06:09:40 pm »
Isabelle, Jack says that in response to Ennis' "My daddy says all rodeo cowboys is fuck-ups."

Thanks for your answer. Of course he does! Now that you have refreshed my memory, I can see him and hear his voice/tone when he says it. God I can't wait for the DVD.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 02:49:05 pm »
In spite of the screenplay, and the subtitles, what Jacjk says is "The hell WE are!"

"This is a goddamned bitch of a unsatiusfactory situation" is in letters two inches high (whitre on black) on the shirt I wear most days of the week.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 10:47:09 am »
"It could be like this - just like this - always."
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 01:58:13 pm »
"Tell you what... the truth is, sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Such a fucking amazing and heartbreaking line.

I also like "You know it could be like this, just like this, always."  :'(

However neither of those gems were there, so I voted for the "redlined it all the way" line. I love that one too though; hell, I love them all.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 03:21:21 am »
Your favorites are in the initial Favorite Jack Twist Lines poll
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=518.0

Jack just had too many perfect one-liners...

-Lynne
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 11:38:03 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline OddlyEven

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 01:08:30 am »
Jack singing "Water Walkin' Jesus" is one of my favorite parts of the movie. I alway laugh when it cuts to that scene. You hear him a few seconds before you see him sitting there drunk. It's hilarious.
Be my friend, hold me, wrap me up, unfold me, I am small and needy, warm me up and Breathe me.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 02:49:42 pm »
"Me neither." I love Jack when he lies...comes in so handy with friends, too.  "yeah.." (to "Can't believe I left my shirit up there.")
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

TJ

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 02:18:03 pm »
There is no such thing as PentAcost; the word is "Pentecost" which means "fifty."

I would argue with the line in the movie because I have yet to meet a country boy whose mother believed in the Pentecost and he did not know what Pentecost was.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 10:28:20 pm »
You sit down you old son of a bitch before I knock your ignorant ass into next week!

Yep. That's my favorite one probably. I like it because not only does Jack stand up for himself, but he put that mean old man in his place.... finally!

It felt so good to hear Jack say it.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 01:31:06 pm »
You sit down you old son of a bitch before I knock your ignorant ass into next week!

Yep. That's my favorite one probably. I like it because not only does Jack stand up for himself, but he put that mean old man in his place.... finally!

It felt so good to hear Jack say it.

Word.  And I love how he was trembling with emotion after saying it, then picked up the knife and fork with shaking hands, barely able to even out his breathing, and just started carving away.  We'll let the stud duck do the carving around here, indeed.

My husband liked this bit so much that it didn't even register with him at first on his first viewing until about five minutes later, when after both Thanksgiving scenes were over, he said "ignorant ass..." under his breath sort of reflectively and chuckled to himself.

I loved how so many people cheered at the Castro screenings at this part last week - quite a few saying afterwards it was their first time seeing it.
No more beans!