Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138144 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 11:58:09 pm »

I'm not disagreeing with you regarding Nicholas Hoult's looks, and I don't deny the talent of anyone involved in those films.

I just don't enjoy those types of films.  The whole point of a zombie is that when the brain is 're-activated', it only comes back enough to give it the instincts to walk/move and eat.   Memory, emotions, empathy, and all the human aspects are gone.  I don't enjoy seeing monsters suddenly becoming romantic objects.

That's one of the issues I have with the Twilight series (and why I've not seen it).  I get that vampires have always had a sexuality to them, and also homoeroticism, however, they were still feared.....not like these 'sparkle' vampires.

The Twilight Sparkling "vampires" are an embarrassment to the whole Vampire legacy. I did like the vampires in Thirty Days of Night, what a visceral experience. I do have a problem with fast running zombies, which is why I skipped the film version of World War Z.  Especially since in the book version the zombies were lumbering in the classic style.

Have you seen the trailer for Zombeavers?

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 08:04:06 am »
I don't enjoy seeing monsters suddenly becoming romantic objects.

Yeah. It has a kinda Stockholm syndrome feel about it.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 07:25:32 pm »
The Twilight Sparkling "vampires" are an embarrassment to the whole Vampire legacy. I did like the vampires in Thirty Days of Night, what a visceral experience.

I agree.  I didn't see the whole film (30 Days) but I did see bits and pieces of it, I thought it was very well done.   The whole "sparkling" vampire thing was awful.  The closest I could come to liking something like that was Angel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and how he was always in an inner battle with his true nature.

I do have a problem with fast running zombies, which is why I skipped the film version of World War Z.  Especially since in the book version the zombies were lumbering in the classic style.

I don't like the fast version either.  I would assume (as if zombies were real ::) ) that rigor mortis would restrict their movements.  Seeing zombies run and jump did nothing for me.  I remember seeing the remake of Dawn of The Dead.  Didn't like it.  It was more of an 'adventure' film than horror.  To me, anyway.

Have you seen the trailer for Zombeavers?

I think the last sentence in the trailer matches my feelings.  "I mean really?"  :laugh:

The funniest thing was the totally 'un-matching' captions.

"we're staying over there at my cousins place" became:  "for their my cunt beaver".   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 07:27:30 pm »
Yeah. It has a kinda Stockholm syndrome feel about it.

Yeah, there's something just not right about it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 12:17:36 pm »
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus says his character is ‘prison gay’

25 September 2014 | By Andrew Potts

The Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus has gone on the record after months of speculation by fans that his character Daryl may be gay – and his answer is 'yes,' though he thinks Daryl has probably never acted on those feelings.

Reedus told GQ magazine that he thinks Daryl is in denial about his sexuality and probably a virgin and that's how he has played the character since season two of the show.

Reedus said the idea to take the character in that direction had come from Walking Dead show creator and original showrunner Frank Darabont.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/walking-dead%E2%80%99s-norman-reedus-says-his-character-%E2%80%98prison-gay%E2%80%99250914

Offline oilgun

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 06:03:32 pm »

The Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus has gone on the record after months of speculation by fans that his character Daryl may be gay – and his answer is 'yes,' though he thinks Daryl has probably never acted on those feelings.

Reedus told GQ magazine that he thinks Daryl is in denial about his sexuality and probably a virgin and that's how he has played the character since season two of the show.

Reedus said the idea to take the character in that direction had come from Walking Dead show creator and original showrunner Frank Darabont.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/walking-dead%E2%80%99s-norman-reedus-says-his-character-%E2%80%98prison-gay%E2%80%99250914

Great, now I have to watch seasons two to four again just to see if Daryl checks out guys.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 06:06:57 pm »
Great, now I have to watch seasons two to four again just to see if Daryl checks out guys.

:laugh:  I don't recall him doing that, but I may have missed it.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 06:24:15 pm »

Interesting article, but Mr. Darabont has an odd take on what "prison gay" means.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 11:19:17 pm »
Interesting article, but Mr. Darabont has an odd take on what "prison gay" means.

True, to me "Prison Gay" means you fuck guys only if women aren't available.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2014, 08:02:03 am »

True, to me "Prison Gay" means you fuck guys only if women aren't available.

Yeah, I had the same impression that you both did, so that wouldn't make Daryl "prison gay".

I suspect that he doesn't know what the term means, and once this story spreads across the web, he'll get a few replies/emails to let him know.

:laugh: